News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Conneaut D-Day Re-enactment Aug 17, 18, and 19.

Started by Birdman, August 19, 2017, 10:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Birdman

This was by far the best event we have ever done, especially today, the last day. We gave out all of our Project Appleseed and CMP pens, almost all of our tri-folds, lots of targets,most of the ECIs and we talked to too many folks to count. Lots of interest from many, many states. A rifle club that I belong to was auctioning off a Garand that they acquired many years ago. They sold 900 tickets at $10 each. They were right across for our Project Appleseed tent.
Many thanks to Chuck McKinley, EZ3, CrazyDuckHunter, and Joe for helping me make this the best so far. We had a 40" flat screen showing Project Appleseed videos and also WWII M1 Garand operation and training videos.
I shook more Veteran's hands then I ever have before, which is one of the main things that keeps me wanting to be at this event. They really treat all of them, especially the last living WWII vets we have left.
I urge all of you to get to this event next year. No more excuses!
I think we had 7 tanks, a German 88mm, B-25 and Avenger TBG, three 3/4 scale Mustangs, machine guns everywhere, and about 1500 re-enactors.
Pictures to follow in a few days.

Crazyduckhunter

What an amazing day today at the D-Day Ohio event in Conneaut, Ohio. If you have not attended this event before well, your missing out on seeing a great piece of our shared history and heritage. The reenactors, the camps, the veterans(what can I say about them?), the rifles, the crowds of people attending this event.........it was all wonderful.
A great big thanks to Birdman for arranging a site every year for the promotion of Appleseed. We spoke to many interested people that will hopefully attend a AS event in the future. Many trifolds, chamber flags and trigger training devices were given out to all. Having three rifles on the table  and directly across from where the M1 was being raffled was a bonus.

See everyone there next year.

Birdman

EZ3

Can I shoot the AQT with this?
Or this?
Maybe I can get my patch with THIS!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

EZ3

1940s version of the DAV (dedicated Appleseed vehicle)

Birdman

Hoping this link will work for those on Facebook. A guy I know took these great pictures!
https://www.facebook.com/mike.dewalt.96/media_set?set=a.10212666150840699.1073741862.1593560997&type=3&feed=false
Over 80 great pics here!

Nashville Stage

"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Nashville Stage

Quote from: EZ3 on August 20, 2017, 08:41:57 PM

Can I shoot the AQT with this?

Talk about a .30 caliber rule...
  ::)
"There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Birdman

EZ3

I'd go back to righty for a chance to fire that "88".     ;D

Texas T

Sorry I had to miss it. Looking forward to next year. Do we have a firm date yet, so that I can block it on my calendar?
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Birdman

CONNEAUT D-DAY 2018 AUGUST 17th & 18th!!
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE.

EZ3

THANK YOU!  I won't schedule anything else that weekend (for a change!)    ::)

Birdman

Final number are in......40,000 attended this event. There were 1350 re-enactors.