News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Olympia, WA Civil Air Patrol Aug 2017 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, August 07, 2017, 10:26:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Well, another event for the CAP. We had 26 shooters this time around. YSSF sent us 20 rifles for the cadets to use  :bow: Unfortunately only 10 saw duty as the other 10 were single shots. Appleseed is taxing on the mind, body and equipment. We lost another rifle when the factory rear sight broke off  :'(

Evergreen Sportsmen's Club has a beautiful covered line and is gracious enough to allow us to use the facilities  ..:.. We ran 2 bays again this year and relays to make room for all of the shooters. Equipment problems ran rampant on the semi-auto bay as the cadets had little experience with rifles of any sort.

The COI was pitched right out the window Saturday morning when it was clear we needed to stay focused on the critical 3 legs of the stool. I think we taught the 6 steps 4 or 5 times this weekend. Groups did improve as a result.

Thanks to all who helped put this event together. I believe we made a positive impact on those young shooters and I tip my hat to them for being a part of something bigger than themselves. Huzzah for posterity! 

Kimber Custom

whit

What an excellent event.  It is always a pleasure to work with the cadets.  Already looking forward to next year.

I will post a few of my pictures.

Whit