News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Custer, WA August 5-6 2017 AAR

Started by maxwell, August 03, 2017, 11:30:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maxwell

Should be a nice warm shoot this weekend at Custer. Hopefully we can see the targets through all the smoke from Canada!

maxwell

This was a great group of shooters to work with, and I appreciated their enthusiasm and questions throughout the weekend! After four shooters were at 195 or better on the Saturday AQT, I had high hopes for Sunday which were not disappointed. Both days were hot and humid for the PNW, but a heavy overcast of smoke from Canadian forest fires muted the sun a bit.

Our first Rifleman was Robby, who received a welcome North Bridge baptism of ice water along with his 201. I think he followed that up with a 215, so it was no fluke. His dad, Jay, came up with a 211 after he saw the North Bridge treatment. Roy shot our high score of 228, and his son Mike shot a 211.

John was knocking on the door with a high of 207 or so, which is solid work for his first Appleseed. Matt and Ted were plagued by persistent extraction failures with their bolt guns, but Ted was shooting high 190s before he had to leave on Sunday. Jay G. was hovering around 200 until the heat took its toll, but Brian shot his best score (190s?) on the last AQT of Sunday. A Rifleman persists, and I believe we'll see these men back on the line for a well-earned patch. A bit of dry practice and maybe trying the loop sling instead of a hasty, Brian and Jay…

In addition to the high scorers, our first-time Appleseed shooters and our youth shooters were a pleasure to have on the line, and I hope to see them back. Again, dry practice in the positions and against a blank wall will pay off for all of us.

https://maxwells.smugmug.com/Appleseed/CusterT-August-5g65-2017