News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Redmond June 2017 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, May 31, 2017, 02:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Looking forward to our inaugural event at the Interlake Sporting Association this weekend  ^:)^ See you all on the line.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Kimber Custom

I'm a little tired but here are the pictures I took this weekend: https://goo.gl/photos/A8wF7o1dmtHRHcQWA

Kimber Custom

What a great weekend out at Interlake  O0 Our first event was for all members and they came ready to go. Roman set the pace with a high score of 202 on Saturday and 234 on Sunday. After earning his patch, he shifted to his angled irons for several stages of the AQT. The club President Richard joined us Saturday afternoon. No sling on his rifle but manged repeated Rifleman scores  :bow: clearly a man who knows what he is about. When Andrew switched from irons to a scope his score soared and he earned his patch. Even though he had some help on his 2nd Rifleman score, we were able to determine the .223 from the .22 and verified it wasn't a fluke. Our last, but certainly not least, Rifleman of the weekend was Todd. Well done all.  ^:)^ It's unusual to shoot Rifleman on your first Appleseed having 4 out of 13 shows just what a quality group of shooters we had.

Many more shooters in the sharpshooter range that will earn their patch soon. Dry Practice, Dry Practice, Dry Practice! For those of you that really want to master the iron sights - spend some time in position with your rifle right up against the wall. Train your eye to focus on that front sight before you add the distraction of a target.

If you were struggling with getting all of your rounds off in stage 2 & 3, practice those 1 round drills. Remember that NPOA is the 'secret' ingredient.

I look forward to future events in Redmond.

watzizzname

A great first event at Interlake Sporting Association. The shooters came with great (teachable) attitudes we forged new riflemen HUZZAH!, and the weather held out both days.

There was a lot of talent on the firing line, and with some practice with the sling usage, transitioning into position and dry practice there will be many more riflemen forged at this range in the future. Also, don't forget about your NPOA, It is where the relaxed body will place the shot. STOP MUSCLING!

I was a bit preoccupied with not messing up as the instructor in training so I only got 3 pics, but here they are https://m.imgur.com/a/YWYu4. I've made a note to myself to take more pictures at future events.

I look forward to seeing each of you again at future shoots.

Kimber Custom

NEIL!!! How did I forget Neil? So sorry  :-[ - Neil also scored Rifleman   ^:)^