News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp

Started by PHenry, May 22, 2017, 11:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

It has been brung to my attention that I have not offered an IBC in some time. Have Ford will travel. Venues that offer live-fire for the mock event portion are preferable, but not at all critical. Class area needed and considering the time of year we are headed into - AC or lots of fans and air movement would be most beneficial.

Let's select a venue and get it on the calendar! I could lose my red hat. ~~:)
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

TheMenace

I offer the Smallbore Range at PMRPC in Palm Bay. Depending on the date chosen we may be able to reserve the air conditioned "Pole Barn."
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

PHenry

TM,
Can u look into dates when the moons align? (small bore and pole barn at same time). That just might work. A fantastic new instructor on her way up asked me why there were no IBCs on the books fer me. Humbling it were.  :wb:
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Maximum Ordinate

Quote from: PHenry on May 22, 2017, 11:17:24 AM
<snip>

I could lose my red hat. ~~:)

If there is a man who dares criticize you, I'll bet my annual salary he's not fit to polish your boots.

Count me in.  If I can come learn under my friend and mentor, I'll be there. 
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

TheMenace

Looks like the Pole Barn is available Saturday all day and Sunday until 1:00 on July 8-9, or  Aug 12-13. Smallbore Range is open. Florida AS calendar is also open. Alabama has KD and IBC on the books for Aug 11-13.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

308LIBERTY

Another option is to push it back to late September / Early October, giving people more time to plan their schedules to attend. Myakka has an air conditioned classroom and we could use one of the cowboy ranges for live fire. Doesn't Hernando also have space inside that "museum" building?
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

TheMenace

Good options by Dwight. Palm Bay can also support Sep 2-3 but the remainder of Sep and Oct have conflicts in Pole Barn.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

DrRichP

Hi PHenry,

I can get a room that will fit 20 at Manatee Gun & Archery (MGAC). It has air conditioning, fans, a flat screen TV, white boards, and a microwave. Tables and chairs already there. I can get it for just about any weekend from now through October. Let me know and I will set it up.

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

PHenry

Rich,
Whenever possible, I like to have a live-fire mock Appleseeds at IBCs and the cowboy range would do. Mostly about dates and geography to attain best effect - max attendance and covering area of greatest need. Will think on it as time allows.

Many thanks for the excellent offers my brothers.
PH

PHenry

OK, finally got a chance to look at this. Sadly, I cannot do any of the dates offered. My own schedule does not open up even slightly until mid-September. Either venue would be fine - just need to determine where IBC is needed most and potential attendance. As I am the primary problem, I'll offer some dates that are currently open for me:

9/23-24
10/7-8
10/28-29
11/25-26

Also, I do already have a three day IBC on books for home range - Ramseur, NC August 4, 5, 6, with KD on Friday and standard IBC Sat / Sunday. Three'oEight and I will drive up together and MinuteMom may join us if she can work it out. If you've never been to the home range - it is a pilgrimage not to be missed. This will be an "old-school" IBC in the manner of my early mentors. All nuts and bolts of instructing with emphasis on detail and precision. It interests me that I often hear "You mean there is a standard way for intro-ing the AQT?" Yes there is and I can recall former MI Dragonwood held little patience for any deviation from the standard. Same for all demos - by the numbers - no ad lib tolerated.

Once we get a date I would encourage all who plan to attend PM me with your email addy and I will send a package of "cheat sheets" to help you prep - a relative luxury I was not afforded at my first IBC.  ~~:)

DrRichP

We can get a Senior Instructor-RBC/IBC to cover just about any date. We have enough of them here in Florida.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Minutemom

I can attend on these dates:

9/23-24
10/7-8

Oct. 28-29 there is a shoot in Gainesville, and Nov. 25-26 is Thanksgiving weekend, so probably not good for many people, including myself.
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

smoakingun

my place is available.
live fire, no rfanbe obligations or controls.
we run the whole show. no cost to anyone.
can sleep 10 in the house, couple dozen in the shop, 50 or 60 on the property.
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

PHenry

QuoteNov. 25-26 is Thanksgiving weekend, so probably not good for many people, including myself.

Ten years and I still cain't get past doing that. Lesson for all new SBs when ranges offer you dates. know that they often offer only the ones nobody else wanted. Cannot recall how many Halloweens, Superbowls, etc I have worked.  :wb:

So, by the generosity of the cadre, we now have three potential venues. Smoak's is fairly centrally located and offers cheap accoms on site. Now if we could just get Archie to bring / make the low country boil.  ^-^

TheMenace

No AS events on the Florida calendar Sep 23-24. Since I'm a member of the leisure set I don't know how many people actually get Columbus Day (October 9, 2017) off from work. It's a Federal holiday, but not a Florida holiday. This could work to advantage as some people may not be in a rush to get home on Sunday. There is, however, a shoot in Pensacola that weekend.
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

Marquis de M

Working 24 hours on weekend of 09/23 :(

But, can make the 10/7-8 weekend :)  Would be great if that worked out!
---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---

Minutemom

PHenry, Jerry2017, and I can all do Oct 7-8.  Can we put this to a vote please and get it on the calendar?  Let's do Smoak's place - central, zero fees, and plenty of room for everyone to stay.  It's a no-brainer!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

308LIBERTY

October 7-8 sounds great for me too.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

PHenry

I have it on my calendar. Any objections? Smoak - is that OK for you? And finally - who's in?!!!! ^:)^

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

TheMenace

Me, too. Bring on the IIT's!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land

Cable___Guy

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

SavageShootr

Quote from: PHenry on May 28, 2017, 03:12:41 PM
This will be an "old-school" IBC in the manner of my early mentors. All nuts and bolts of instructing with emphasis on detail and precision. It interests me that I often hear "You mean there is a standard way for intro-ing the AQT?" Yes there is and I can recall former MI Dragonwood help little patience for any deviation from the standard. Same for all demos - by the numbers - no ad lib tolerated.

Once we get a date I would encourage all who plan to attend PM me with your email addy and I will send a package of "cheat sheets" to help you prep - a relative luxury I was not afforded at my first IBC.  ~~:)

DW and JB. Simplicity and Precision. She taught me so much
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

2wheelDuke

It's a little too far away for me to commit yet, but I'm interested.

TomM1Thumb

I like the Idea, I do have it down on My Calendar.   :snipersmi   As Teacher or Student, Whatever need be.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

PHenry

Marquis de M

Em... Forgive my ignorance...What's "Smoak's place"...?  ::)
---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---

PHenry

His home outside of Melrose, FL. He constructed a beautiful home and large garage. He has a 25M range for live fire and plenty of space for camping. We have had two IBCs there as well as a few Ladyseeds. Smoak is a generous host.

smoakingun

october 7-8 is fine.
pm me for camping/bunk arrangements. ladies take priority in the house.
the boot camp is not just for iit's. there are a great many red hats that could use the refresher
for folks that travel, feel free toarive early and stay late
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

Minutemom

The October IBC at Smoak's house is officially on the calendar! Go git over to tips and sign up y'all!