News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

First AS event at Orwell Gun Club - May 20-21 - planning thread.

Started by Crazyduckhunter, May 03, 2017, 07:55:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazyduckhunter

Hello all and once again thanks to all for helping me to set up Orwell as a host range!!!   Really looking forward to it.

A little about the facilities. We have a full kitchen available for cooking and whatnot. There are also inside plumbing facilities. (no shower unfortunately)
According to club rules a member must be onsite so I will camp out as well. In the evenings I will have my two very friendly dogs with me and I will run them back to the house in the am both days. When would everyone be there? Friday sometime or Sat am? I can be there around 15:00 on Friday to unlock the gate or if earlier is needed I can make arrangements.

Figured that I can help out on amount of equipment that needs to be brought:
I am in the process of making target stands.
I have rope, tent pegs and cones for firing line.
I will have three 5 gallon water jugs filled with water & ice for drinking water.
I have a 10X20 canopy that I will put up for equipment area behind firing line.

Food:
I can do Sat dinner if everyone is good with hot sausage stuffed peppers and noodles in tomato sauce. (I will make a large amount so that there are leftovers for Sunday afternoon to heat up before everyone hits the road to home)

Also just a heads up that on Sunday the club shoots trap starting around 11ish. So there will be other person's in the area. If needed (weather?) we can still go inside club house for sure.

Ron
Crazyduckhunter
Cell #216-513-2430

Birdman

Sounds great Ron. I will be there early Saturday morning. May camp Sat night....depends on weather.
Thanks!
Birdman

Ricochet Rabbit

Hello Ron,

The kids and I will be driving back and forth both days. I'm not an instructor, but, if you think you might need a hand setting up Saturday morning, let me know and I can leave around 6 and get there by 7. Otherwise, we'll just show up at registration time. We're really excited about getting out to another event, I look forward to seeing you there!

Mark
"The most natural and eligible mode of attack on the part of the people is that of detached parties of bushmen who from their adroitness in the habitual use of the firelock suppose themselves sure of their mark at a distance of 200 [yards]." - Thomas Gage, March 4th, 1775

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption
of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the
Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters." - Daniel Webster

"When all connection, upheld by commerce, with the mother country, shall cease, it may be suspected that an independency of her government will soon follow." - Thomas Gage

Charles McKinley

Hey Ron when do you get your green hat ? ;D

I guess I better go sign up.  Thank for putting this all togeather.  I will run a snow fence line like Corvette's.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Birdman

Hi Chuck, Corvette signed up to shoot boss.....you two can have a duel to see who shoot bosses!
Birdman

Texas T

I'm hoping that Corvette has the shoot, so that I can do my SBIT3...
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Crazyduckhunter

I know the snow fence is easy and it works but I personally do not like it especially when the sun shines thru the AQT. So, I made copies of the ones that EZ3 uses. Qty 13.

Also forgot to mention. Bring your air rifles. We built a indoor range for air guns. I see some friendly competition forth coming on sat evening!

Mark. We should be good for setup but show up early as you like. Breakfast?

Duel is on!

Charles McKinley

Corvette is getting a well deserved weekend off.  I'll be Shootboss.

Ron do we need cardboard?  I haven't decided if I'll be over Friday or Saturday morning.

CM
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Crazyduckhunter

New cardboard is installed. Two members of Orwell own funeral homes. Guess what caskets are shipped in? Well mostly new, except for the ones that I shot up all ready last night. Had to make sure they worked right?

I was going to try to set up at least somewhat fri evening. How much space for firing line front to back do you like?
Ron

Charles McKinley

I never thought to ask my cousin for casket boxes.

I like at least 10' between equipment and firing line 15' is better.  The extra space makes it easier to see when clearing the line.

Do you have a way to stake down the target stands?  Tires to weight them down work well also.

I like setting up Friday as well.  The extra time makes it easier to deal with Murphy.

Crazyduckhunter

15 foot it is.
Was not thinking that had to stake them down actually. At least due to wind. Range is protected by trees pretty well. BUT. Placing targets they did move a bit. I have rebar and was going to use that.

Texas T

I can be there around 6 or so to help with any setup that needs to be done.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

MI IBC, February 2017

Texas T

I'll be bringing a few things for breakfast for the campers. I'll have fixins for McMuffins and some pastries from Costco. Not sure what the wife will pick up when she shops...

Still planning to be there sometime around 6 or 7 to help set things up Friday night.

MI IBC, February 2017

Crazyduckhunter

Sounds good for breakfast. I made the sausage stuffed peppers Sunday and froze them. All I will have to do on Saturday is plug them in sometime in early afternoon and of course make noodles later. Was thinking that I would pick up lunch meat for lunches.
Target boards are made and are on site along with canopy and range set up items. Took that all down on Monday before club meeting.
On way home from work on Friday I will drop off the water jugs and a cooler of ice. I will close the gate but leave it unlocked in case anyone shows up before I get back.
Hoping for decent weather.