News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty Center April 22-23 Planning thread

Started by ITB, April 01, 2017, 11:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITB

We're 4 weeks out from our Patriot's Day event at Henry County Sportsmen's Association in Liberty Center, OH.  Let's get things rolling....

COF
+ "Standard 25M Appleseed" -- with the exception of Patriot's Day additions of history checkpoints
+ Let's KILL THE TIME MONKEY and keep things moving!!   

This will be Charley's second SBIT.  So I will be running things on Saturday, and she will be running things on Sunday.

Students:  Currently we have 3 pre-regs...3....let that sink in.
+ Please beat the bushes to get more shooters on the line

Instructors:   
Shoot Boss:  ITB
SBIT: Charley (SBIT2)
IT: Cadence
IIT: Yankee, Little Buddy
Applecore: 

PC advancements to be evaluated:  I encourage IITs to bring their PCs.

Logistics:
+ This is Ohio in the early spring...be ready for inclement weather.  Could be sunny and hot.  Could be raining/sleeting/snowing.
+ I have 1 8x8 EZ Up...if you have some, please bring them to cover the shooting line if it is really raining hard.
+ Setup: Saturday morning at 7 am. 
+ Instructor meeting at 7:45 am on Saturday

Instructor dinner - We'll find some BBQ or similarly tasty dead animals.  Dinner's on me, my way of thanking everyone for coming out.

History:  Start volunteering, or I'm gonna start volunTOLDing Would like every intructor to do at least one piece of history.   &)  >:D

• 1st Strike:Cadence
  • 2nd Strike:
  • 3rd Strike:
  • Saturday benediction: ITB
  • DOMs:  Whittemore - ?? ; Wyman - ??; Elizabeth Zane - ??; Lamson - ??; Others -- ??
  • Sunday benediction: Charley

7th Stepping -- All the cadre should be working to generate shooters on the line as well as lookout for students that display marksmanship abilities, even temperament, enthusiasm, a connection with the message, ability to communicate, willingness to help out.  Please point these characteristics out to me during the weekend.

Instructors Carrying:  Legal OC/CC encouraged by instructors however, a minimum of Level 2 retention is required.

Requal:  I would like to see any instructors requal for 2017.
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Cadence

OK - I'll break the ice
I'll take the first strike on Saturday unless someone needs that for their progress checks
Can do any of the DOM stories on Sunday
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

goodoldfriend

Way to go Charley. I didn't know you were working on SB.

Huzzah!
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Charley

Superheat

NEW SHOOT BOSS here!

No need to reinvent the wheel... I'll just steal from ITB.

IF you don't ask for history it will be assigned!  I'm from Mich and we throw people under the bus.

We're 4 weeks days out from our Patriot's Day event at Henry County Sportsmen's Association in Liberty Center, OH.  Let's get things rolling....

COF
+ "Standard 25M Appleseed" -- with the exception of Patriot's Day additions of history checkpoints
+ Let's KILL THE TIME MONKEY and keep things moving!!   

This will be Charley's second SBIT.  So I will be running things on Saturday, and she will be running things on Sunday.

Instructors:   
Shoot Boss: ITB Superheat
SBIT: Charley (SBIT2)
IT: Cadence
IIT: Yankee, Little Buddy
Applecore: 

PC advancements to be evaluated:  I encourage IITs to bring their PCs.

Logistics:
+ This is Ohio in the early spring...be ready for inclement weather.  Could be sunny and hot.  Could be raining/sleeting/snowing.
+ I have 1 8x8 EZ Up...if you have some, please bring them to cover the shooting line if it is really raining hard.
+ Setup: Saturday morning at 7 am. 
+ Instructor meeting at 7:45 am on Saturday

Instructor dinner - We'll find some BBQ or similarly tasty dead animals.  Dinner's on me, my way of thanking everyone for coming out.

History:  Start volunteering, or I'm gonna start volunTOLDing Would like every intructor to do at least one piece of history.   &)  >:D

1st Strike:Cadence
2nd Strike:Charley
3rd Strike:
Saturday benediction: Superheat
DOMs:  Whittemore - ??
Wyman - ??
Elizabeth Zane - ??
Lamson - ??
Others -- ??
Sunday benediction: Charley

7th Stepping -- All the cadre should be working to generate shooters on the line as well as lookout for students that display marksmanship abilities, even temperament, enthusiasm, a connection with the message, ability to communicate, willingness to help out.  Please point these characteristics out to me during the weekend.

Instructors Carrying:  Legal OC/CC encouraged by instructors however, a minimum of Level 2 retention is required.

Requal:  I would like to see any instructors requal for 2017.

Mutant Texan

Quote from: Superheat on April 16, 2017, 05:09:57 PM

Well hell, I was going to pass on this and practice for the KD event later in June.  This would also allow for other that have not gone to an Appleseed a chance at going to one.  If you guys have plenty of open spots, I will sign up just to see the Patriots day event.

I don't know if it would be possible or not, but if everyone else on the line is ok with it, could we shoot at 100 yards?
"Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills."

Flavius Josephus, Jewish Historian, AD 37--101, on the Roman military

Superheat

Mutant,  As of now, I am not planning to shoot at 100. We will however be shooting 25 meters.

little buddy

Mutant Texan you may shoot at the 100 yard line when we are done for the day you and the other student's are paying for a range fee for the entire day. If there are any Issues let me know as a Board Member I will take care of it. Just remember after Appleseed is done with the range for the day it is open to all members.

Little Buddy

little buddy

The lunch menu should be BBQ pulled pork with some sides on one day. The other day should be hot dogs and hamburgers with some sides. I believe we will be picking up some doughnuts also. There will be a 5.00 per a person per a day donation for lunch that will be collected Saturday mourning with the range fee for the weekend. There will be plenty of food as usual some of you will take it home again.

One last note as most of you know I work nights so I will not make it Saturday mourning as usual one day I will be off night's.

Little Buddy

Mutant Texan

Quote from: little buddy on April 18, 2017, 05:54:32 PM
The lunch menu should be BBQ pulled pork with some sides on one day. The other day should be hot dogs and hamburgers with some sides. I believe we will be picking up some doughnuts also. There will be a 5.00 per a person per a day donation for lunch that will be collected Saturday mourning with the range fee for the weekend. There will be plenty of food as usual some of you will take it home again.

One last note as most of you know I work nights so I will not make it Saturday mourning as usual one day I will be off night's.

Little Buddy

Yep.  I used to make that god awful drive between Lisle, IL (near Chicago) and my home in Ohio.  I have not driven that way since December of last year.  Is the Indiana turn pike still torn up?

little buddy

little buddy

With all the rain we had in the last day and the rain we will get today we will not be able to drive on the range at all this weekend so all of us will have to walk all of our gear to the line.

Little Buddy

Mutant Texan

We could have not asked for a more perfect day!

This was the first AQT for me to shoot with my RRA NM.  I scored the only AQT of the day and made a 194.  I had a perfect 50 on the 2nd stage for the first time.  All those long lonely hours during the last 6 months away from home allowed me to work on stretching and getting into the sitting position.  It developed some good muscle memory and paid dividends today (I was unable to get into the sitting position at the Winterseed due to all of the heavy garments). 

The 4th stage was a disappointment with a score of 66.  My aging eyes are making it very difficult to see the silhouettes at the bottom.  I tried a scope at the Winterseed last January and don't care for them.

I plan to use the same gun tomorrow until I score a 210 or higher.  I will then possibly feed my Mutant because it loves to eat cheap steel cased ammo.  The Mutant is defiantly a lot cheaper to feed than the AR-15.

Mutant Texan

:F What another perfect day.  It started off cool but it quickly warmed up.  Most of the day was cloud free with plenty of late April sunshine.

I liked the "fun" event a lot but I think Yankee and I deserve reconsideration on our target.  We both shot from the sitting position instead of prone like the other groups and we delivered a higher sustained rate of fire with very good accuracy.  I bet all 30 rounds of my 7.62x39 were on the target.  I will have to remember to bring my 30 round magazines for future Appleseeds.

I also managed to earn my first Rifleman score with a centerfire rifle :snipersmi  Great weekend!  I don't think that it could have been any better.

Thanks to Superheat for visiting the land of Buckeyes from Michigan.  When I first learned your name, only one thing popped into my head.  I instantly thought about the Mollier diagram.  It has now been 2 years since I resigned from my last job where I operated a 2817 MW-thermal steam plant that turned 12.7 million pounds mass of water into superheated steam every hour.  At full power the plant's steam generators would have about 60 F of superheat.  This 600 F degree steam was directed into a single high pressure turbine through steam lines that ran over my head in the room above me.  Yeah.... weird I know, but this was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw your name.

Superheat

Mutant. Glad i could be there for you to take you down the memory ravit hole.
Nice job on the centerfire.  Yoh guy did shoot well.