News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marion Ohio Apr 22 & 23 Planning Thread

Started by Corvette, April 15, 2017, 04:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Planning thread for Marion shoot April 22 & 23, 2017.

Alas, I will not be running this shoot as my son is getting married on the 22nd. 

But, we have Longrifleman (Jeff Biedenharm) covering the shoot.  Jeff can be contacted at 513-470-6241.

Post your questions here.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Jeff,

Here are some pics from prior event

1. This is a shot from the parking lot at the actual range.  Note the small near shelter is the pistol range I talked about, the larger building is the shelter house of the rifle range.
2. Shots of the concrete pad ahead of the shelter house
3. Line and rifle range behind me
4. Shooters on pad

These should help you orient next weekend.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Longrifleman

Sweet!

Thanks Corvette. Looks just like you explained it.
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

Steadfast

Hi Guys,

Corvette, sorry I won't see you this weekend, but congrats to your family!

I have attended appleseeds in the past and shot rifleman a few years ago.  I am bringing my almost 10 year old daughter with me this weekend to experience Appleseed.  She is still too small to appropriately handle a 10/22 compact, but she has a Savage Rascal.  She and I decided that it would be good for her to watch and learn this trip, but wondering if we should bring the rascal and set her up on the line.  If she only got one round off every string, she can gain the experience of learning the rules and line commands.  She could use the bipod and run prone during the event.

Longrifleman, you will be running this event. What are your thoughts?

Jim

Corvette

Steadfast,

I will speak for Longrifleman, by all means, bring the Rascal. She can shoot off a sandbag or a bi-pod or some other support. We do it all the time.  It's a smaller shoot so all will be fine. Have a great shoot.

Corvette