News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

SF Bay Area Appleseed Shoots?

Started by Loco, December 11, 2016, 07:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loco

After the pinko scum shut down the Castro Valley range, there's no more shoots within a short drive of the SF Bay.
How about a shoot at the Metcalf range in San Jose? They've held KD shoots there before..

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/parkfinder/Pages/Field-Sports-Park.aspx

Pablocito

i think it is an excellent idea, i would love too attend a kd shoot that is in the bay area, would Sacramento allow a kd shoot..

mostly harmless

Has there been any movement on this?  Someone posted on the Calguns forums that 'negotiations' were taking place somewhere - this was posted in October.........so, either nothing came of it or ________?

scoutcamper

I dont know what the plan is for San Jose, but I do know that there will be a full distance 400yd KD at Hat Creek in May  :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :--- :---!

Mark your calendars! May 13-14 Regular Appleseed on Saturday, KD on Sunday. Saturday participation is required to attend the Sunday KD.

Libertarian777

I'm sorry to say that our attempts to find a replacement range in the Bay Area have not worked out, and after nearly a year of trying, I have given up. I wish I had better news. Sacramento is the nearest shoot.

NorCal22Gal

And you are all welcome to Sacramento, Hat Creek or Red Bluff.  The Sacramento dates are listed, Hat Creek and Red Bluff will be up soon!  Hope to see you all out there somewhere!! :F

mostly harmless

Quote from: Libertarian777 on February 06, 2017, 04:56:57 PM
I'm sorry to say that our attempts to find a replacement range in the Bay Area have not worked out, and after nearly a year of trying, I have given up. I wish I had better news. Sacramento is the nearest shoot.

Dang.  Thank you for at least trying.

Dipstick

I am planning on attending the Sac. Valley event this weekend (3/11&12).  Does anyone have any recommendations as to inexpensive accommodations for Saturday and Sunday night?  It's 120 miles from my home in the East Bay (I miss Chabot) and I really don't feel like commuting, nor do I relish the idea of the Sunday evening ride home alongside a few thousand skiers trying to get home and get some rest before returning to work Monday.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sghiandhu

Hi,

I'm displeased with the tawdry display of political correctness and connivance by East Bay Regional Parks in closing Chabot to further use. It is a very great loss.

In looking for another site, was there any possibility at Richmond Rod and Gun Club, or are they already overbooked?

All the best …

Samuel Colt

eaglescouter

We use Holiday Inn or Best Western or Hampton Inn.

All on Highway 50 on Sunrise or just west of Sunrise.

I have heard that the hotel in Ione is old but cool.

Too cheap on 50 west of sunrise leads to bedbugs from our experience.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Owl

Hi All,

My 14 year old daughter wants to learn precision shooting, but unfortunately I need to reschedule from this weeks Sacramento shoot to another weekend.  I have been trying to reschedule online for a couple of days but either get 404 errors or no call backs on the email addresses.   :-\  Can someone please connect with a human that can help me?

scuzzy

Quote from: Owl on March 09, 2017, 05:02:16 PM
Hi All,

My 14 year old daughter wants to learn precision shooting, but unfortunately I need to reschedule from this weeks Sacramento shoot to another weekend.  I have been trying to reschedule online for a couple of days but either get 404 errors or no call backs on the email addresses.   :-\  Can someone please connect with a human that can help me?

What link are you using that gives you a 404 error?

Where did you see the link?

I'll also email you to get a transfer done next.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Owl

Thanks for your help.  My EventBrite order number is 591798829.   Do you need anything else?

Per you questions: I got the 404 going from the Eventbrite email confirmation to: http://appleseedinfo.org/cancelled.php.  I also sent an email via the contact us link at: http://appleseedinfo.org/contact/.   

scuzzy

Quote from: Owl on March 10, 2017, 08:39:55 PM
Thanks for your help.  My EventBrite order number is 591798829.   Do you need anything else?

Per you questions: I got the 404 going from the Eventbrite email confirmation to: http://appleseedinfo.org/cancelled.php.  I also sent an email via the contact us link at: http://appleseedinfo.org/contact/.

Just sent you an email on doing a transfer.

And thanks for the info on the bad link.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.