News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

VFW - Help in Coeur d'Alene

Started by scuzzy, November 11, 2016, 11:40:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

The VFW in Coeur d'Alene would like to talk to somebody and possibly partner with Appleseed. If you are interested in doing this give me a PM and I'll send you contact info. See email I received below:

I am currently a regular member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #889 in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.  At our last monthly meeting I brought up the idea of our Post taking part in an Appleseed event and, since there was interest in that possibility, I am writing to inquire if there might be someone from the Appleseed organization who could give a presentation to our membership either at one of our monthly meetings (which are held at 6:00 PM on the third Thursday of the month) or at one of our Tuesday morning coffee get-togethers.  Our initial idea is that some form of association between our organizations would be beneficial to both.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mr. Clean

I live in the area and I would love to help out.  Perhaps a liberty seed like program of history and heritage (especially DOM's) presentations would light the fire.  We could invite them to an AS or even set up a special VFW shoot if there are enough interested. 
Presently, I am working in Moses Lake (130 miles away) during the week but could be available Fri evening through Sun.  Keep me posted.

scuzzy

Quote from: Mr. Clean on November 11, 2016, 02:49:08 PM
I live in the area and I would love to help out.  Perhaps a liberty seed like program of history and heritage (especially DOM's) presentations would light the fire.  We could invite them to an AS or even set up a special VFW shoot if there are enough interested. 
Presently, I am working in Moses Lake (130 miles away) during the week but could be available Fri evening through Sun.  Keep me posted.

I'll PM you the contact info. Thanks.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

eert

I have an Appleseed intro presentation built and would be available at their preferred times to deliver it.  This time of year, my schedule is pretty flexible. 

EERT

Prescott

Have you guys followed up with the VFW and what came out of discussions with them?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

eert

I gave a presentation back in November.  They were going to discuss among themselves whether they wanted to pursue a VFW AS shoot.  I'm guessing not sufficient interest among the members.

EERT