News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Coshocton, Ohio 9-10 & 11, 2016

Started by Rascal21, September 06, 2016, 11:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rascal21

NavyShooter

RASCAL21

Was that 10/22 with the Desert Camo stock with the Maple leaf REDCOAT72's. It was on the low end of the shooting line where Bob was shooting ? If so, how do I contact him ?
Tks
Dan

Redcoat72

Quote from: NavyShooter on September 13, 2016, 10:02:49 AM
RASCAL21

Was that 10/22 with the Desert Camo stock with the Maple leaf REDCOAT72's. It was on the low end of the shooting line where Bob was shooting ? If so, how do I contact him ?
Tks
Dan

That is indeed my rifle. How can I help?

Thanks,

Kevin
Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

.50calgrl

Great weekend! Thanks everyone for making it one of the best... Lots of Riflemen were added to the ranks and many more shooters learned something new and improved on their skills and that is what Appleseeds are all about.

Thanks for letting the Newbies help out with calling the line and even some of the history. It will help us Canadians with our endevour to make Mapleseed a success.

Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

NavyShooter

REDCOAT72

Where did you get the stock and what is it called/model ?

Tks
NavyShooter

Redcoat72

Quote from: NavyShooter on September 13, 2016, 09:30:27 PM
REDCOAT72

Where did you get the stock and what is it called/model ?

Tks
NavyShooter

It is the Magpul Hunter X22 stock. Check Brownells. I got mine in Canada and had the privilege of paying pretty much double for it.
Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

Corvette

What an amazing Appleseed on September 10th and 11th at Coshocton Gun Club near Coshocton, Ohio. Saturday dawned sunny and humid. We had 19 shooters show up to work on their skills. The morning started with the normal welcome and safety briefing.  After that we introduced the instructor corp for the weekend.  We had a very international flair to our team.  We had three instructors from Canada, (Montreal Shooter, 50CalGirl and Redcoat72) and folks from Michigan (Rascal21) as well as Ohio instructors (CornfedinOhio).

The Saturday morning Red Coat was AWSOME. We have 16 of 18 competent at 100 and 7 at 200. We had almost 25% (4) at 300 and we had 2 cleared Red Coats on Saturday morning!  This was a portent of things to come.

We moved on to the Saturday morning instructions of the steady hold factors in prone, the six steps and NPOA. We moved on to shooting our sighter squares and IMC.  Before we knew it, it was time for lunch and the first strike.
The afternoon led to adjusting sights and the steady hold factors in seated and standing. The afternoon break included the Second Strike followed by an introduction to the AQT.  A practice AQT and a live AQT was shot and we had our first Riflemen of the weekend.  Actually we had four of them.

The day ended with the Saturday Red Coat and improvement as seen over the morning Red Coat. We had three people clear the Red Coat and improved at all the distances.

This is Coshocton so we had to have some rain.  Saturday night we had storms that trashed the cover over the main line and we had a pop up that was not staked which did not make it. The firing line was flooded Sunday morning so we had to move the target and firing line out further on the range to get away from the water.

After the Sunday review of safety and the COI from Saturday, we shot the Sunday Red Coat. Again, more improvement was seen. We had 15 of 20 at 100, 11 of 20 at 200 and 7 joined Daniel Morgan.  After the carding the sights NPOA drill we started the AQT grind.
During the day we had numerous folks shoot Rifleman.  In fact we had a total of 24 Rifleman scores shot during the weekend. I cannot think of a shoot that I have worked that had that many qualifying scores.

Rifleman Score Summary:
Bob   210, 215 (New)
Dan   217, 213, 234, 238, 237 (Requalify)
Brian   226, 222, 223, 226, 210 (Requalify)
David   215 (New)
Ed   224, 216,215, 227 (New)
John   210, 212, 215 (New)
Hannah   220, 230 (Requalify)
Mason   212 (New)
Christina (Missed her score) (New)

I cannot tell you how happy I was that Ed finally shot his Rifleman score.  Ed and his daughters Hannah and Jessica have been regulars at our Ohio shoots and his daughter Hannah finally joined the corp of Riflewomen at New Philly this spring.  Seeing him finally get over the hump was very special for me.  Congrats Ed, welcome the list of Ohio Rifleman.

The KD lecture was presented at the Sunday lunch break and the DOMs were presented at the afternoon break. The day came to an end with the Sunday Red Coat which showed yet more improvement.  We had 16 of 17 at 100, 11 of 16 at 200, 7 and 8 at 300 and 400 and 7 folks joined Daniel Morgan. We had 4 clear the Red Coat, the most I have ever had at a shoot on a single Red Coat. 

Bottom line, the folks at Coshocton can shoot.

My thanks to all the instructors, CornfedinOhio, Rascal21, Readcoat72, 50CalGirl, Montreal Shooter, for helping with the shoot.  It was a special weekend.

Corvette

:pics:
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Texas T

Sounds like a great team of shooters and a great time to be in Coshocton. Couldn't make it this time, but planning to be there for the spring event.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017