News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

My "Tour of Duty " is completed!

Started by PHenry, January 18, 2016, 12:19:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

When I came into this thing we call Project Appleseeds, it weren't long before I began to think on how long I would serve. I settled on eight years. It was an easy choice, as that was the duration of the War for Independence and I figured if they could do eight years - so could I (especially since I work only on a one-way range, with plenty rest, food and water).

Well, that time has come to pass. My first event was January of 2007 and I began instructing in early 2008. So, by my simple math I have served my eight year "enlistment", discharging my duty fully.

Trouble is, the ship is not only still sinking, but is clearly sinking faster than when I signed up. How can I conscience abandoning my mission when it is so far from completion? How can I abandon the people I talked into joining me (as most of my early mentors did to me - an utterly crushing disappointment)?

The answer is simple, I cannot abandon either the mission or the "men" standing at my shoulder. I cannot do to my fellow Appleseeders, what my early mentors did to me - walk away and leave them to do my job.

Appleseeding is NOT a hobby to be applied only when it is convenient to do so. We don't call it a "Mission" for fun folks! So where do I go to "re-up"?  O0

Let's Roll!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Maximum Ordinate

Congratulations on a productive 8 years, my friend.  You are an inspiration to many.
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

DEH

Quote from: PHenry on January 18, 2016, 12:19:51 PM
When I came into this thing we call Project Appleseeds, it weren't long before I began to think on how long I would serve. I settled on eight years. It was an easy choice, as that was the duration of the War for Independence and I figured if they could do eight years - so could I (especially since I work only on a one-way range, with plenty rest, food and water).

Well, that time has come to pass. My first event was January of 2007 and I began instructing in early 2008. So, by my simple math I have served my eight year "enlistment", discharging my duty fully.

Trouble is, the ship is not only still sinking, but is clearly sinking faster than when I signed up. How can I conscience abandoning my mission when it is so far from completion? How can I abandon the people I talked into joining me (as most of my early mentors did to me - an utterly crushing disappointment)?

The answer is simple, I cannot abandon either the mission or the "men" standing at my shoulder. I cannot do to my fellow Appleseeders, what my early mentors did to me - walk away and leave them to do my job.

Appleseeding is NOT a hobby to be applied only when it is convenient to do so. We don't call it a "Mission" for fun folks! So where do I go to "re-up"?  O0

Let's Roll!

I would say that you are more commissioned than enlisted.  The original Latin root of the word commissioned (commissio) means entrust.
-Appleseed: '08-IBC, '09-Red Hat, '09-FT Stewart, '10-RBC, '14, '15, '22 KD
-I.C.E '11 Combat Focus Shooting.
-Tactical Response. '09-'12
-Fighting Rifle/Pistol, Immediate Action Medical, Way of the Rifle
-MTN Guerrilla-2013/Irreg Warfare
-Max Velocity Tactical. 2013-2022. RIFLEMAN,TEAM COYOTE
 CRCDx2,Combat Patrol, Rifleman Challenge,CQB,CTT,FOFx2. DCHx2.
-2Cor10:4-5. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, & bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.

brianf31

"Nevertheless, to the persecution and tyranny of his cruel ministry we will not tamely submit -- appealing to Heaven for the justice of our cause, we determine to die or be free."

― Joseph Warren

BeSwift

Keep up the fine work Sir, and thank you for all you've done and do.. I can relate to your sentiments.. Huzzah to you sir!
O0   BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Camljr

I am pretty sure you just "re-upped" yourself....   O0 :wb: ~~:)

Keep up the good work, because the cause is worthy, and there are many more Americans to ... EDUCATE!  :sos:

I will see you repeating this in another 8 years...

Huzzah!!!
96 SHOOTS SO FAR!

WSMR Instructor 03/10  -  SAPPER STEEL!

�The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection�   Thomas Paine

Proverbs 22:3  -  A prudent person foresees danger and takes precautions. The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.

"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even when checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy, nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory or defeat".
Theodore Roosevelt

stoneknives

Huzzah! - Huzzah!! - HUZZAH!!!   PHenry

Love 'ya, my brother..The floggin' will continue till the "MISSION" completed. &)
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry