News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

#1 on FB

Started by PHenry, October 20, 2015, 04:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

As of about 4PM on Sunday October 18, 2015, Florida's FB page climbed to #1 in the program. Shouts out to Stoneknives, Three'oEight, Alkeford and everyone else who made it happen.

Now, as anyone who knows old PH knows, I am not a fan of "social media" and I ride a Motorola Razr. I don't like texting and I don't tweet. However, I do run a business and I have been forced to accept that I am a dinosaur - we all know what happened to them.

I did the math in my head and Stoneknives, who actually understands social media, confirmed my WAG - if we get a lot of people to "like" and "share" our page, we will get more shooters on the lines. For every 1000 views - gotta be some tiny number who will sign up - all in the raw numbers.

That got me thinking - if every state had a couple dedicated folks with a little instruction and persistence, we could get hundreds, maybe thousands more on the lines. Brave new world of social media. Makes me cringe to type it out loud, but if I am anything, I am a realist. It is what it is and what do I care about how we get the word out?

I will take this to the AOC and make sure it gets spread around.

So, until I am successful in getting other states to blow us out of the water - revel in the fact that FL is number one in the nation - even over the number two which consists of five states on a single page. Huzaaaah!
  ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

inSANEmom

I ended up getting several friends to "like" the page, even if they were out of Florida in order to get us over the top. At the same time, I then connected them to their own state (or regional) page and got them to like those. Maybe a little "sneaky"... but it is getting Appleseed in front of them more regularly!  ;D
-----AMY-----

Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world do not have. - Ronald Reagan

308LIBERTY

My hat is off to Stoneknives, without which this would not have been possible. He has been diligent on our FB page on a daily basis. To top it off, all of those history stories have made him quite knowledgeable about our Nation's founding and I imagine it's been a great study aid.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

Kimber Custom

Challenge accepted - NWRPA

stoneknives

Quote from: Kimber Custom on October 20, 2015, 08:50:18 PM
Challenge accepted - NWRPA

Huzzah HUZZAH   HUZZAH!

This is a great challenge, because even if you loose the Nation WINS!

Thank you for the kind words PHenry
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Roswell

Congrats Florida! Georgia is coming after you!
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24
Shoot Boss Boot Camp and Liberty Seminar: Toccoa, GA 8-14 & Canton, GA 1-19

Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: South Huntsville, AL 5-20; Canton, GA 1-21, 2-24
Pistol Qualified: Spencer, TN 4-10-21
Charter Pistol Instructor Boot Camp: Antioch, TN 2-22 & Canton, GA 1-23

TheMenace

I look forward to the daily posts on FB. Great job Henry! Keep up the outstanding service!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

PHenry

I hope this "contest" gits "viscous" - maybe we might end up with some full firing lines!  O0

Bring it!  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

stoneknives

OK FLORIDA the game is afoot.  Florida 1512  VS  NW 1505   

Get your friends to go to the Florida Appleseed Facebook page ... https://www.facebook.com/FloridaAppleseed?fref=ts

Then go to the hit LIKE Button on the Splash picture (ie Heritage and Marksmanship / ol Boston map)

7th step Appleseeders this is a race where we all win.
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

Laredo

I have been following Florida as well.  You guys are doing a great job!  Kentucky is also right up there.  Check their FB page out.

I am running the IL appleseed page.  We have been getting some decent traffic.  Sometimes I share some content from Florida or Kentucky.  I have liked most, if not all, of the other states. 

Anyone out there that has not like IL yet, please do so.  Like stated earlier - we all win if we all like all the states...  that was a mouth full.  :)

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Kimber Custom

1508 - we should have our title back by the end of the weekend. &)

ThePoet

I like this.  The winning admin gets a $50 Cabelas gift card courtesy of ThePoet.

Kimber Custom

Where's the finish line? Oct 31? Dec 31?

Oh and a little fun fact for you - population of FL as of 2014 is 19.8M - combined total of OR, WA, ID, MT and AK is 14.3M so while we may have you in acreage you have a 25% lead in population density.  @&)

Kimber Custom

Guntuckian

There are three statistics that matter.  These are Likes, Reach, and Engagement. 

Over the last month, in terms of reach and engagement, FL and KY have swapped places back and forth, again and again.  The highest reach on Kentucky was the post on Sergeant Timothy Murphy posted on October 7th that reached 3,700 people!  The engagement (people continuously interacting) varies from day to day, but ranges from 600+ to 140+ on Kentucky, dropping on weekends.  The engagement on Florida varies, too, but  was around 270 when I last checked.

Many posts from Kentucky and Florida are shared on other states, too.  This is a clear win for Liberty!
Kentucky's population is about 1/5 of Florida!  Likes are not the statistic that matters most.  Reach and engagement show current interaction of people, and this is what matters more.  Winning hearts and minds is not a onetime "Like".  Engagement is what really matters.

Kentucky is at www.facebook.com/KentuckyRifleman .  Check it out!

--Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

stoneknives

Quote from: Kimber Custom on October 23, 2015, 02:54:30 PM
Where's the finish line? Oct 31? Dec 31?

Oh and a little fun fact for you - population of FL as of 2014 is 19.8M - combined total of OR, WA, ID, MT and AK is 14.3M so while we may have you in acreage you have a 25% lead in population density.  @&)

It ends when everyone is a RIFLEMAN

And over half of our population are D's and Rino's. I think it's a pretty fair matchup.

DrRichP

Quote from: Kimber Custom on October 23, 2015, 02:54:30 PMWhere's the finish line? Oct 31? Dec 31?

+1  O0
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

stoneknives

Quote from: Guntuckian on October 23, 2015, 04:42:10 PM
There are three statistics that matter.  These are Likes, Reach, and Engagement. 

Over the last month, in terms of reach and engagement, FL and KY have swapped places back and forth, again and again.  The highest reach on Kentucky was the post on Sergeant Timothy Murphy posted on October 7th that reached 3,700 people!  The engagement (people continuously interacting) varies from day to day, but ranges from 600+ to 140+ on Kentucky, dropping on weekends.  The engagement on Florida varies, too, but  was around 270 when I last checked.

Many posts from Kentucky and Florida are shared on other states, too.  This is a clear win for Liberty!
Kentucky's population is about 1/5 of Florida!  Likes are not the statistic that matters most.  Reach and engagement show current interaction of people, and this is what matters more.  Winning hearts and minds is not a onetime "Like".  Engagement is what really matters.

--Gary

Site Likes (followers) are the base line IMHO.  As an example I sent out 1 LIKE, 1 SHARE and 1 Facebook Message for a simple post that the National site put out. This gave them 94 Engagements in about 24hours.
Why they  have a base of 6600 LIKE (followers). You and I have to jump through fiery hoops to get that kind of engagement.

Which is why I believe we need to build up the base LIKE (followers) and get them to SHARE ( as a part of 7th stepping)our good stuff.

stoneknives

BTW FLORIDA time to get of the Couch as of this time 4:06 pm EDT we are No# 2

stoneknives

Quote from: ThePoet on October 23, 2015, 02:49:48 PM
I like this.  The winning admin gets a $50 Cabelas gift card courtesy of ThePoet.

If we need a date My vote is for Dec 31 midnight. Then start it again 1 January.

Guntuckian

Quote from: stoneknives on October 23, 2015, 05:03:00 PM
Quote from: Guntuckian on October 23, 2015, 04:42:10 PM

--Gary

Site Likes (followers) are the base line IMHO.  As an example I sent out 1 LIKE, 1 SHARE and 1 Facebook Message for a simple post that the National site put out. This gave them 94 Engagements in about 24hours.
Why they  have a base of 6600 LIKE (followers). You and I have to jump through fiery hoops to get that kind of engagement.

Which is why I believe we need to build up the base LIKE (followers) and get them to SHARE ( as a part of 7th stepping)our good stuff.

Site likes are necessary, of course.  But, I regularly see many states that have approximately 500 likes and an engagement of only 20 people or so.  Florida some days has an engagement of only 60 people.  Kentucky is currently running an engagement of 153 people going into the weekend, which is the lowest engagement over the entire week.  M-Th, KY usually runs an engagement much, much higher.

In the last week, KY's likes have gone up over 3%.  FL likes have gone up much less.

The key is having a large quantity of likes, as well as excellent content that also builds reach and that maintains engagement.  We only Save The Nation if we get more people continuously engaged.  That takes likes, reach, _and_ continuous engagement.  The American Revolution is still alive in the digital age.  Today's Liberty Pole is probably Facebook!

Great work, Henry, in Florida!

-- Gary
--------------------------------------------------
1st Appleseed:           04/20/2013 - Palm Bay, FL
Rifleman:                   02/01/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
Cleared 1st Redcoat:   02/02/2014 - Palm Bay, FL
1st KD:  Palm Bay 8/14
1st IBC:  Dunnellon 4/15
Palm Bay 4/17 KD Rifleman
Palm Bay 10/20 Rimfire KD Rifleman
NRA Certified (Rifle and Pistol Instructor, RSO)

O.___.                            
  )V        O.___.                    
  /%       ( V       ,____    O.___.
/  %      o/L         ,___--- V

BeSwift

None of y'all should get too comfortable...  >:D :pics:   :pop:  Challenge accepted!
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Kimber Custom

Well, just so it isn't 'worthless' I'll add a pic

stoneknives

Glad you'vr kicked 'um in the derriere NWPA. The chart a little flat untill this bit of sport began.  ;)

I've got a Appleseed to Instruct in the morning and will try to catch up when I get a break at the hotel tomorow.

PHenry

Well, I see this is gaining some traction. Now if we could all get as enthusiastic about saving the ship from sinking as we do by competition!  :shootself:

All good, when it works for the mission.  O0

Roswell

GA is lagging behind on FB, but we are trying.  As PHenry said, it's all about the mission. I love it.

One thing we are doing and have been doing is Twitter. I created a Twitter page for GA (@GA_Appleseed). I did this to cover more bases.  Yes, it can be a pain to manage a social media account and Roswell is talking about doing two!  #) Don't fret, I have an ace in the hole.  What I did was to create the twitter page as I said. Then I went to our Facebook page and linked the two. This means that I only have to post to Facebook and it automatically posts it to Twitter for me without me having to do anything else.  ^:)^

The link below will show you how.

http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-link-twitter-to-your-company-facebook-page.html
Known Distance Qualified: Talladega, AL 12-3-16 - 45/50; Distinguished 49/50 - Talladega, AL 12-8-19
Instructor Boot Camp: Toccoa, GA 7-13, 8-15; Pelham, TN 2-14, 2-16; Columbiana, AL 2-15; Canton, GA 2-18, 1-19, 2-20, 2-21, 3-22, 2-23, 1-24

Laredo

Roswell,

My only concern for linking would be fatiguing the 'customer'.  My initial thought is that whoever is following our facebook is probably following our Twitter and vice versa.  Therefore they would be getting two notifications of the same post.  That may get old.

The only caveat to my thinking would be if you have a unique audience on either of the two social media accounts.

I am not at all trying to be argumentative.  I applaud your work.  I am also working to expand the IL facebook page and seeing some success.  I just am trying to understand the twitter thing...  (not to familiar with it). 

Thoughts?  Am I missing anything?
April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Roswell

Quote from: Laredo on October 28, 2015, 02:43:49 PM
Roswell,

My only concern for linking would be fatiguing the 'customer'.  My initial thought is that whoever is following our facebook is probably following our Twitter and vice versa.  Therefore they would be getting two notifications of the same post.  That may get old.

The only caveat to my thinking would be if you have a unique audience on either of the two social media accounts.

I am not at all trying to be argumentative.  I applaud your work.  I am also working to expand the IL facebook page and seeing some success.  I just am trying to understand the twitter thing...  (not to familiar with it). 

Thoughts?  Am I missing anything?

Valid point. It seems to me as if they are two different audiences. Of course there may be some that do both. In which case they can always un-follow on one place but leave the other. Because of the way the metrics work on those two platforms though, even if someone is subscribed to both, they may not neccessarily get 2 notices or even one unless they are actively checking the page. On FB for example I have 650+ followers, however it is rare that my posts are seen by even half that number. Usually it is closer to 150.

I do also go on Twitter every now and then and retweet things others say as long as it is relevant. So they get a tiny bit of exclusive content.

Laredo

Interesting points.  Thanks.

Keep me (us) up to date on how twitter does for you.  I am interested to know how effective it is in reaching a unique audience. 

I really believe social media is an incredible tool for us.  AND ITS FREE!!!!!   I am glad to see so many using it and experimenting with the different avenues. 

We, in the midwest, experimented with 'boosting' a post.  Hard to measure how effective it was.  But, it certainly gained us a boost in 'likes'.  It was cheap.

Also - I recommend (as your AS Facebook) liking all the ranges and organizations that support us in your state.  I have liked most of the ranges that host us in IL (those that have facebook pages).  I have also liked many other org's like Boy Scouts, Young Marines, Marine Corp Leagues, VFW... you name it...   I am finding some of these org's are sharing my posts on their pages.  ...mutual support.  Just be sure you are 'liking' as your AS page... not the account you logged into facebook as.

I still have a lot to learn with this social media.  Any tips out there are welcome!!! 

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd