News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Recording your stories

Started by crobjones2, September 14, 2015, 11:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crobjones2

At a recent Appleseed (corona sept 12-13), an idea was tossed out and I am looking to run with it. I hope this can become a national request at some point.
What I am asking for is a recording audio or video of different instructors 3 strikes and dangerous men stories. I believe listening to a variety of persons tell their story will help the new instructors learn to better tell their story.
I have been to five appleseeds with four different stories. Each instructor seems to pick a part to emphasize. I find this extremely fascinating and is one reason why I go do different ranges for different instructors. This is tradition of oral history being passed down and is very important to our heritage.

Thank you for any input you may have and anything you may want to submit. I am thinking of possibly putting everything on a youtube account so that everyone can learn

Laredo

I like your idea!  ...for many reasons. 

April 21-22, 2012 - 1st
Oct      6-7, 2012 - 2nd
April 20-21, 2013 - 3rd
Sept     7-8, 2013 - 4th - Rifleman!!

"The cost of a thing is the amount of life required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. When one has obtained those essentials necessary for well-being â€" food, shelter, warmth, and clothing, there is an alternative to struggling through steel jungles for the luxuries. That's to adventure on life itself, one's vacation from humble toil having commenced." -Townsend Whelen

Border-Run

some thing to start with

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBNv4UsJSU8
www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwJT4kv3IWY
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw76Fmqc3K0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KStm699muc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKRw2Q0bVbI
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c5w75qNnDE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k6zq_Y_IzA

hogfamily

Recording your stories and watching them is a great way to improve your storytelling.
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"