News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Creedmoor Sports as a possible Appleseed Friend? Camp Butner CMP Games

Started by navybowhunter, December 23, 2014, 07:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

navybowhunter

Team North Carolina,

I sent this email (cut/paste) to Creedmoor sports this evening.  I will be at Camp Butner this May for the Eastern Games.

I hope to speak with Dennis Demille tomorrrow.

If they come thru (with a yes), Can I count on some North Carolina IC support?

Here is a cut/paste of my email to Creedmoor.......also posted in the Alabama thread:

Gina,

Pleasure talking with you this evening.  As briefly discussed, I would appreciate an audience (phone call), with the owner "Dennis" tomorrow if at all possible.

"Project Appleseed" is what brought me to the point I am at now with my marksmanship skills, but it is much more than that.  Project Appleseed is about reinvigorating the American Spirit, of what it truly means to be an American and how our country was born.

Here is a link to our website so you can get a description of what we are all about.
http://appleseedinfo.org/

We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and simply want to reach every single American we can.

We accomplish this by instructing attendees at our events on the "choices" made by common people, and how they wrested this great nation from the tyranny of England during the American Revolution.  We teach the fundamentals of marksmanship, and I am quite sure that it compliments the same fundamentals that are found at the CMP games.

I know, and am friends with several "distinguished" rifleman, and they have steered me correctly in my equipment purchases to prepare me for competition.  Creedmoor Sports is synonymous with "quality" in rifle competition.

I would appreciate if you could speak with Mr. Dennis DeMille, and request that he set aside some time tomorrow for me to discuss the possibility of partnering with Creedmoor Sports, and helping us to promote this Project. 

We would like to set up a table next to your booth at Camp Butner, with some brochures, and some volunteer Project Appleseed Instructors to help promote the project.

This is very near and dear to my heart, as the history we teach is quite frankly no longer taught in schools.  I'll leave you with this.....a quote from one of our nations founders from a letter to his wife, John Adams said "  "Posterity! you will never know how much it cost the present generation to preserve your freedom! I hope you will make a good use of it."  If you do not I shall repent in heaven for taking half the pains to preserve it"

Now who wants John Adams repenting in heaven?

Gina, thanks for your time, and I hope to speak with yourself and Dennis tomorrow.

hawkhavn

Chris,

Great initiative, you might want to let our marketing guru, ThePoet, know what you'll be discussing.
He has very definite guidelines for discussions such as these.

Best regards,
HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

navybowhunter

I just received a short, but very positive response from Mr. Dennis Demille from Creedmoor Sports.  I have notified "The Poet", and am standing by for guidance. 

Creedmoor does not see any issues with us setting up a table at the Eastern Games and he sees the value in our Project. 

Awaiting further discussion/guidance from ThePoet, this could be a very good thing!
R/
Chris

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

navybowhunter

So,

Possibly "premature", but would be looking for support from some NC instructors, if this does come to fruition.  I do want to shoot a few matches, but will be there all week.  Not shooting pistol matches.

Just "framing" what will likely be expected of us. 

R/
Chris