News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hackett Fischer invited to AS yet?

Started by slim, October 31, 2008, 07:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

So I'm making my way through the book and I'm getting more and more into it and I get to the part about P.--- R.--- playing an instrumental part in spreading the word throughout New England and I start thinking about our difficulties in spreading the word of Appleseed throughout the modern provinces and territories and I think to myself...  I wonder if David Hackett Fischer has been to an AS yet?

Does anyone know if he's been invited or attempted to contact him yet? Obviously his book is a major foundation for our program... does he even know?

I'm sure I'm not the first to think of this, probably on the forum already somewhere. What's the actings on this?

Fred

Slim, whether he's been invited before or not, he has certainly not come, and therefore you are free to extend an offer to him.

Search the net and you'll no doubt find he has a website, or some other way of contact.

Go to it! You seem to have a great knack for raising jobs for you to do! ;D  ;D  ;D

Let us all know how it turns out. And if he doesn't come in response to your invitation - well, the next guy to ask can send him another. ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

indyjoe

"It dosen't require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires to people's minds."  Samuel Adams

Scout

I sent him am email way back when telling him we were using his book almost exclusively as our teaching text for events. Why don't you go ahead and write or call him again and post what the response is and I will follow your call or email with one also.

I think we need to start tag teaming these guys, politely and within reason, with emails and calls. ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Fred

Heck, he's got to respect and love a group which, if we ever get elected in numbers sufficient to have a veto-proof Congress, will pass laws requiring purchase (and study) of his book by all Americans...

Gosh, how many authors sell 300 million books? ;D

Along with revitalizing the militia concept with allowing for creation of "training bands" with support from military surplus stocks, etc.

Of course, we can (theoretically) create "training bands" now - but that's not part of Appleseed. We simply don't have the time - too many Americans need to be taught marksmanship and heritage. ;D 8) 8)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Nickle

I'll get in touch with him myself, as he's clearly in my area.

Now, where's that dope slap smiley again (to use on ME)?

They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Garand69

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Old Dog

Don't know about Hackett Fischer but a fellow many folks have heard of here by the name of Gus Fisher has expressed interest in attending an Appleseed.

I've let him know that I'll stop by his table at the next Richmond Gunshow, introduce myself and let him know when the next Black Creek Appleseed will be held.

If you don't know who Gus Fisher is then start reading up on the list of folks considered to be top match M1/M14 armorers.  He's a retired Marine Master Gunnery Sgt. who built NM rifles for the Marines and worked with Carlos Hathcock (there's an interesting tale on the M14 Firing Line Public Forum of how Hathcock taught him how to sight in a scoped rifle).

edited to add - He's the Gus in Gus' Garands seen at gunshows around the eastern US.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

Nickle

They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.