News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Another state joins the Union!!!! A shoot in Alaska

Started by Wheeler44, October 27, 2008, 10:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheeler44

Alaska, the last frontier.... The Great State.....The land of the midnight sun....

Here we go...

We have an offer to have our first Appleseed in Alaska.
Thank you, new member as yet unnamed...

We have access to a new (OK it isn't even built yet) Samuel Whittemore Memorial Range in beautiful Hyder AK.

Ah yes, shootin' Alaskan style, what could be better?       More places to do so.

Look forward to hearin' from all you sourdoughs.

Wheeler44   
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

DragonWood

Alaska!!! Ok, I am already checking on who I can fly on to get up there! ;D

I can promise you this, my schedule is conveniently full for the winter months! :o
Summer schedule? Wow, it just opened up!

Thanks Alaska for coming on board!

DW
Perseverance and spirit have done wonders in all ages. (George Washington)

SamD

Heck I'd even do it in winter, long as it isn't up at Tin City.

slim

You can go ahead and pencil me in for this one.

I might have to work on a fishing boat for a few months to pay for the trip, but I heard somewhere that working a winter shoot in Alaska is guaranteed to get you "on the list" at the first Hawaii shoot.

Not that it's the only reason to go, but do you really wanna chance not being on the Instructor list for the first Hawaii shoot?

Wheeler44

QuoteI might have to work on a fishing boat for a few months to pay for the trip,
Ha ha ha It just so happens that our host is a fishin' boat captain/owner ;D ;D

Quotebut I heard somewhere that working a winter shoot in Alaska is guaranteed to get you "on the list" at the first Hawaii shoot.
I hadn't heard that.  I'll start workin' on a shoot over there....Maui or the Big Island????/
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

Wade

I have an Idea ,,,,Send Wheeler there :o A tuely chosen then frozen

Your welcome Wheeler  :o, I knew you would like the Idea ::)

Wade

Im from Washington and Im here to help
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

SamD

I happen to know a fellow with a few acres on Hiwai'i. retired Colonel, heir to an old sugar company.
Maybe make us a DAR? ;)

Sam

LayloPro

Hey!!
Wheeler & Sam,

What in Sam Hill are you two waiting for?? Git on it!!! ;D :D 8)
LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

oldgrunt

Quote from: Wheeler44 on October 28, 2008, 01:16:27 AM
QuoteI might have to work on a fishing boat for a few months to pay for the trip,
Ha ha ha It just so happens that our host is a fishin' boat captain/owner ;D ;D

Quotebut I heard somewhere that working a winter shoot in Alaska is guaranteed to get you "on the list" at the first Hawaii shoot.
I hadn't heard that.  I'll start workin' on a shoot over there....Maui or the Big Island????/

Oh boy .....wish I had a slot on that fish boat..lol work for a shot at a new AS ??? where is  the port of call? 2016 is going to be a wonderful year... 
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

sanderman79

I'm ready to go.  Just let me know when.  That is gonna be awesome.

AKBarratt

We need one of these to be up in the SouthCentral area. Hyder is nice, but as hard($$) to get to as Seattle from most of AK.

Wheeler44

AKBarrat, all we need is a place.  If you can suggest a range or an individual with private land and a good back stop we can get right to work on settin' up a shoot.  PM me with any info or insight and we'll get right on it.

Wheeler44

Junior Birdman

Alaska's probably like Texas. Just no useable land to be found anywhere.  ;)
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever." John Adams

Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them. Fredrick Douglass

SamD

Wade

Quote from: Junior Birdman on December 29, 2008, 03:44:00 PM
   Alaska's probably like Texas. Just no useable land to be found anywhere.  ;)
Unusable land ?! cut me loose with a turbo charged tonka toy  ;).

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

phoneprone

"you have to have the correct peanut butter to jelly ratio"
"If the RWVA rock band must start, it should start here"

SalchaWarrior

Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I live up near Fairbanks. I have to say that the Fairbanks 300 yard Range is a really nice range. It is open to the Public. Maintained weekly and easy to get too.

mtime7

I think Fairbanks would be a great place. Large city, central location , and right in my back yard.

AFTERMATH

24 hour daylight=24 hours of shooting, right?

Illinois has it's 3-day Appleseed's

Alaska can have it's 48hour Appleseeds.
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Fred

You guys will need to check to see if the public range would be willing to set aside a range exclusively for AS use for the weekend - many places won't or can't do it...
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

kDan

We need a Line Boss, two RSO's, a chopper and a Shoot Boss with a .460 nitro double standing by the donut table in case of bearus giganticus interuptingus.   &)

I'll take any of those jobs.  Put me in coach!  Hawaii is for golfers.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

bob 210

What is the full nameof the range and could you get me contact info?

Quote from: SalchaWarrior on April 22, 2009, 03:22:53 PM
Hi all,

I am new to the forum. I live up near Fairbanks. I have to say that the Fairbanks 300 yard Range is a really nice range. It is open to the Public. Maintained weekly and easy to get too.

If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Mark D

Quote from: kDan on July 01, 2009, 12:31:29 AM
I'll take any of those jobs.  Put me in coach!  Hawaii is for golfers.

Me too.  Alaska?...in a heartbeat, in a heartbeat.

gjwilliamsjr

You CANNOT set up a shoot is Alaska without inviting the Governor.  She could use her new rifle-- http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/05/07/the-alaskan-hunter-sarah-palins-custom-50-ar-15/ --Does the 30 cal rule work backward from 50 cal?

bob 210

I was just looking at the Birchwood Shooting Park in Chugiak, AK outside of Anchorage. Looks like an outstanding facility. Anyone live near or ever been there?
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

Pappy

The Public Range outside of Fairbanks Was a Great place to go when I was up that way 1980 - 1984 at FT Wainwright AK outside of Fairbanks..  If its the same as then, or better  Appleseed will have a great time there. A very nice Covered area was there then and folks were there at all times of the endless days during the summer. Just watch out for the state bird. Pappy O0 O0
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

pebbles

I must admit..Alaska sounds pretty good to me. It's my favorite state that I've never been to  ;)  lol!! Ok..that and Colorado.
I'm definitely gonna have to tell hubby when he gets home. I'm sure he would love the idea of that too. Oh...and the potential of Hawaii as well (if rumor is true)...I know he couldn't pass it up then, since we used to live there. He would definitley wanna help with that one as well.

AZRedhawk44

OK, I have a new lead on a shoot in Alaska in the Juneau area.  Let's make this official:  At 4:47 PM PST on July 12, 2009, I claim Shoot Boss for this one if it does end up getting scheduled through this contact. ;)

techres

Quote from: gjwilliamsjr on July 01, 2009, 12:51:59 PM
You CANNOT set up a shoot is Alaska without inviting the Governor.  She could use her new rifle-- http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/05/07/the-alaskan-hunter-sarah-palins-custom-50-ar-15/ --Does the 30 cal rule work backward from 50 cal?

She has been invited to Appleseeds before.  Maybe she could find more time now.  Anyone from Alaska who could extend the offer?
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.