News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wright City, MO Sept 27-28, 2014

Started by 209Ken, September 29, 2014, 11:54:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

209Ken

Placeholder.
Post your pictures and/or comments, keep checking back. I got lots of good pictures this weekend and will be posting them soon!
209ken
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

BurntByBrass

Hey guys... when I try to post to this forum with pics, using REPLY, I get a message that says I am not authorized to post to this form.  Am I doing something wrong?  Thanks, Teresa (aka BurntbyBrass)
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
― Benjamin Franklin, Memoirs of the life & writings of Benjamin Franklin

"I hope we once again have reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts."
― Ronald Reagan

"When the people fear the government, you have tyranny. When the government fears the people, you have freedom."
― Thomas Paine

connibear

Make sure you are signed in when you reply, otherwise it will do that. If you are signed in, then someone with more computer brains may have to help. If you still have problems shoot me a pm and I will try and help. Also look at this thread, if you haven't already, it tells you how to upload pics a couple different ways.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=23641.0
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

chefmossy

Really good time and a great group of shooters

209Ken

Well, we could not have asked for more perfect weather for an Appleseed event! Sunny and mid 80's, with a very light breeze both days. We had 24 shooters come out and learn some rifle marksmanship and hear some of their heritage.
We made great improvements on Saturday, there were cheers all around when we counted up our last redcoat target of the day.
On Sunday, I knew our shooters were ready to go. Teresa cleared her redcoat target Sunday morning! So it was no surprise when she shot a 213 before lunch.  ^:)^
Nick persisted and shot a rifleman score of 211 late in the day Sunday   O0 - what a great way to close the weekend.

Thanks to all the shooters who came out this weekend, you were a safe, energetic bunch, and I think I can speak for all of the instructors when I say it was a pleasure working with you!

209ken
Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe. - Abraham Lincoln

209Ken

And now the pics...

Getting that line straight

SoundMoney and M-Dawg putting up the new, improved target backers

This is the only time that sweeping the line is acceptable at an Appleseed

Instructor meeting

First day as a Blue Hat and checking in 24 shooters all at once!

Can't wait to get started

Shooting squares

Teresa cleared her redcoat Sunday morning!

A little friendly competition

Sitting position

Flags

bbagg talking about some Dangerous Old Men...

That Mini-14 could sure sling the brass!

Congrats Teresa with a 213!

Borderraid brought out his M1 Garand!

Stay hydrated!

Pull and Post!

Rifleman Nick with a 211!

A fine group of youth shooters!

connibear

Wow, looks like I missed a great weekend. Glad everyone had a great time. Please expound more on sweeping the line?  ???

This is a thank-you letter from Mr. Zirbel and the boy scout troop:

Well - we're all back now from our Appleseed campout weekend, and what a memorable time we had!  Scouts learned the fundamentals of firearms safety and of shooting a rifle accurately.  We also learned about men (and women) of conviction and courage a few generations back who pledged their Lives, their Fortunes, and their sacred Honor to fight for a new kind of government.  It was a government whose foundation was based on the Bible, wrapped in prayer, blessed by the Lord, and illuminated by the freedom they - and we - have in Christ. 
We came away just a little bit more grateful for what they did -- so that even this generation could enjoy the blessings of liberty. 

•We are also grateful to the half-dozen or so Appleseed instructors - Mr. Ken Devining, Bodybag, Chef Mossy, and the rest -- all of whom are unpaid volunteers. 
•We are thankful to the Bench Rest Gun Club president, Mr. Pieper, for graciously granting us some liberties on the 700-acre facility - the hot-and-cold-running-water showers, the firewood supply and campsite, and for use of one of the center-fire ranges. 
•This time cooking was not done by the "patrol method", but the "troop method".  Or more accurately, the "Old Goats method".  In fact the whole outdoor kitchen setup, supply trailer, menu, and cooking was expertly directed by Mr. Hecht and we all owe him a big round of applause. 
•Mr. Kellogg pulled the troop trailer with his Suburban - he must be getting at least 6 mpg with that setup - he and Mr. Hecht both.
•Mr. Plocek served humbly, as always, yet is the voice of conviction and vision for our troop.

•Each of us Dads helped in many ways - but sometimes most importantly by being there to make sure our sons are being trained and brought up in the way that they should go.  I personally am glad to have gotten to know them better and am looking forward to our sons' next training session (I mean camp-out)!
•Thanks to the Scouts of Troop 387 who handled themselves honorably as boys - growing into men - "men who know what they are about."

•Finally, each of us thanks you Moms who have given up a weekend of having your husbands and sons present -- that is a big sacrifice, right??

Thanks,
Mr. Zirbel
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

00dlez

Just wanted to thank everyone involved, the instructors especially, for a fantastic learning experience. Money well spent!

-Jimmy

BurntByBrass

A BIG thank you too all who helped make our Appleseed event both enjoyable and fruitful! :bow:  All your tips and recommendations turned out to make the difference. This is my daughter Ashley's first Appleseed event and she came soooo close with a 206. :slap:  It was my second (the last being on Oct 22/23, 2011 in Alton) and I had a very successful shoot. ^:)^ There is no doubt we will be back for another.  O0

NOTE:  I picked my forum name after my last Appleseed event because I was burnt by the brass on that shoot.  Seems even MORE appropriate for this event since this time the burn almost cost me my patch.  :-\

Thanks again to all!
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
― Benjamin Franklin, Memoirs of the life & writings of Benjamin Franklin

"I hope we once again have reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: as government expands, liberty contracts."
― Ronald Reagan

"When the people fear the government, you have tyranny. When the government fears the people, you have freedom."
― Thomas Paine