News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN, September 20-21, 2014

Started by dond, September 21, 2014, 10:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

This is just a short note. The event finished just about 3 hours ago. There were 7 shooters, including a 9 year old. Everyone was a first time Appleseeder. Three of the six adults earned a Rifleman Patch.  ^:)^  More to follow.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

Earl

I  would love to get some of that instruction on instructing, have been told you have the key. And it looks like you did it again! Huzzah! O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

BluegrassColonel

It was a privilege to work at an event with DonD and his lovely wife, Sarah.  The weather was warm, but pleasant.

The shooters were impressive.  I am sure that the shooters who did not earn their Rifleman badges will very soon.  Any one of the shooters would make an excellent instructor.  The young shooter who joined his father at the Appleseed improved a lot and will earn his badge as well.

I learned a lot working the event and (despite a couple of mistakes on my part  :wb:) benefited greatly from Don's guidance.

Photos to come.
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

BluegrassColonel

Some pics in the following posts.
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

BluegrassColonel

Pics #2

BluegrassColonel

Pics #3

BluegrassColonel

Pics #4

BluegrassColonel

Pics #5

BluegrassColonel

Pics #6

BluegrassColonel

Pics #7

LesMoore

Congratulations to all those new Rifleman!!!  Looks like it was a great shoot.  JP and I are sorry we missed it, and thought about ya'll all weekend!!

Leslie