News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Battle of Bunker (Breeds) Hill.

Started by hogfamily, September 07, 2014, 07:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Earl

Do the books:  Bunker Hill: A City, a Siege, a Revolution by Nathaniel Philbrick (Apr 30, 2013)

The Whites of Their Eyes: Bunker Hill, the First American Army, and the Emergence of George Washington by Paul Lockhart (Jun 7, 2011)

American Spring: Lexington, Concord, and the Road to Revolution by Walter R. Borneman (May 6, 2014)

There are a few more but I picked the most current and what I thought were the better ones.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

hogfamily

Thanks Earl.

I have just about finished American Spring.

I will check out your suggestions.
Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

dreamerofdreams

Battles of the American Revolution by Wood is good.
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

hogfamily

BD

I am most of the way thru Bunker Hill: A City, a Siege, a Revolution by Nathaniel Philbrick.  It's a good one.  He starts prior to April 19 and has a few tidbits thrown in about Lexington and Concord that I hadn't seen before.  He does a good job setting the scene at Bunker/Breed's Hill and explaining the troop movements.
Up the Republic

hogfamily

Quote from: BD on September 10, 2014, 09:28:12 PM
I am most of the way thru Bunker Hill: A City, a Siege, a Revolution by Nathaniel Philbrick.  It's a good one.  He starts prior to April 19 and has a few tidbits thrown in about Lexington and Concord that I hadn't seen before.  He does a good job setting the scene at Bunker/Breed's Hill and explaining the troop movements.

Ordered from Amazon!