News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AK Build Help

Started by Archon, August 26, 2014, 10:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archon

Hello everyone.  I have an AMD65 parts kit with a new US barrel and the rest of the parts required to build my rifle but lack the tools to properly remove the old rivets, install the new ones, install the barrel and headspace, etc.  I'd love to learn how to put this rifle together rather than sending it off to a gunsmith like I did with my FAL.
Duy - like the decimal system.

V

Quote from: Archon on August 26, 2014, 10:34:28 PM
Hello everyone.  I have an AMD65 parts kit with a new US barrel and the rest of the parts required to build my rifle but lack the tools to properly remove the old rivets, install the new ones, install the barrel and headspace, etc.  I'd love to learn how to put this rifle together rather than sending it off to a gunsmith like I did with my FAL.
I personally don't have a lot of experience with AK builds. I think there is a rifle knowledge board here somewhere but being in SoCal you would probably find a lot of hands on advice for build parties etc over on Calguns, for example this thread.

I'm not trying to chase you away from our board, please hang around and tell us about your AS experience etc., and I'm sure someone will chime in with better advice than me, but the AS forum tries to keep us focused on using the boards as working boards for AS so I haven't seen a lot of chatter here on AKs.

I'm also V over on Calguns and we do have an Appleseed Board over there as well so please feel free to hang out and ask questions either place.

Welcome.

Cheers
Phil "V"

pennys dad

send a PM to MRLonewolf on CALGUNS.net he is the originator of the Ak build party