News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Paul Revere's Ride as Audio Book?????

Started by Charles McKinley, August 24, 2014, 06:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charles McKinley

Does anyone know where I can get PRR to down load to and iPod?

I thought it was on the Apple store but it now looks like it is a digital book for the iPad and it says it can read a page out of it.

This unfortunately won't work as the person I want it for doesn't have an iPad.  They are dyslexic and takes a huge amount of effort to read.  Audio would make learning the history much easier for them.

TIA

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Unbridled Liberty

Try Audible.com  Well they dont have it, only DHF's other books.  If they have a diagnosed print disability such as dyslexia, they may qualify for Learning Ally audio books:

https://audiobooks.learningally.org/BookDetails.aspx?BookID=FH269

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Charles McKinley

Yes they do but have been out of school for 20 years.  I wonder what it will take to get proof.

Thank you very much for the link!  My one brother can read doesn't even pick up a magazine as it is such a struggle.  :'(

My brother that is an IIT is better but it is still work.

Thanks again!

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Unbridled Liberty

You don't have to be a student to use Learning Ally's services.  They also have a hardship fee waiver that can be requested if the individual cannot afford the annual fee.  The software is free so the book can be played on the computer.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms