News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Telling the History

Started by hogfamily, July 27, 2014, 05:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George Hacker

Quote from: slim on July 29, 2014, 09:55:11 AM
What if we found a sponsor to cover a 4x6 vinyl banner map of battle road for every Shoot Boss? Maybe even someone willing to print all our handouts?

Would that help further our cause?

A pair of banners for each shoot boss (British advance + British retreat) would definitely further the cause. Now if we had a sponsor that would help with the cost, Build-A-Sign will print them up for us at a discounted rate (as long as we permit a small Build-A-Sign logo to be displayed in a corner).

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

fisherdawg

Quote from: slim on July 29, 2014, 09:55:11 AM
What if we found a sponsor to cover a 4x6 vinyl banner map of battle road for every Shoot Boss? Maybe even someone willing to print all our handouts?

Would that help further our cause?

I already have a set, thanks.
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

FiremanBob

I had Battle Road map banners made during one of the frequent Staples half-off sales - 30 x 48 for under $30 each. But the discount is only on the "indoor" vinyl, and already three of the grommets have torn out. I use these back-to-back on one stand.

I am planning a third banner to put on a second stand, to include photographs of the places in the story and portraits of the major characters.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

slim

So you guys would rather buy your own?

FiremanBob

Not necessarily, just I already have mine. What would the budget be to make a set for every SB in the country?
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

slim

Who knows. If we had a budget guy and/or fundraiser guy, they could post that info.

fisherdawg

Quote from: slim on July 29, 2014, 03:15:10 PM
So you guys would rather buy your own?

Not necessarily, but since I already did buy my own, in my case, the dollars could be used somewhere else in the program.
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

V

Another example of telling the story

Again, we can quibble over details, but a nice balance of names, dates, places as well as evoking the look and feel of the place and people.