News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Montana Appleseeders sign in and be recognized!

Started by glocker21, October 21, 2008, 02:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTGlass

Glocker21,

MTGlass here.  I'm just down 6th from you.  High Ore has been my "home court" for the last 20 years.  Hopefully our buddy Flint will drag his new M1A out this spring.   ;D

The LCH annual meeting should be coming up this month.  Appleseeders will want to have a spot on the agenda.  BTW, There are rumors that the number of High Ore Cowboy shoots may be reduced to two this year.

Keep me posted if you're interested in approaching FWP about presenting Appleseed as an opportunity for marksmanship training to the spring hunter safety classes.
Card Carrying Armed American Citizen

glocker21

Quote from: MTGlass on January 08, 2009, 07:37:45 PM
Glocker21,

MTGlass here.  I'm just down 6th from you.  High Ore has been my "home court" for the last 20 years.  Hopefully our buddy Flint will drag his new M1A out this spring.   ;D

The LCH annual meeting should be coming up this month.  Appleseeders will want to have a spot on the agenda.  BTW, There are rumors that the number of High Ore Cowboy shoots may be reduced to two this year.

Keep me posted if you're interested in approaching FWP about presenting Appleseed as an opportunity for marksmanship training to the spring hunter safety classes.

Hey there!!!

We need to get together to discuss Appleseed, I am VERY interested in FWP presenting Appleseed as Marksmanship training opportunity. GREAT IDEA!!!

Do you happen to have the date for LCH meeting? I would like to do a presentation on Appleseed.

As for Flint...lil mister needs to definitely show the M1a some love.

FYI We have shoots on the calendar for May, June, September so far.

High Ore Range June 6-7, 2009, September 5-6, 2009
Three Forks, Montana  Rifleman Boot Camp May 3-10, 2009, Appleseed May 9-10, 2009

Have a great night,

Jerry
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

MTGlass

This just in...in case you didn't get it too.

"Our 2009 annual meeting for the Last Chance Handgunners will be held Saturday,
January the 17th, 9:00AM at Jorgensen's in Helena.  Hope to see you there!"

Give me a call Monday or Tuesday if you haven't been to one and would like a "briefing" on the format & conduct, or lack thereof, of these meetings.
Card Carrying Armed American Citizen

glocker21

Quote from: MTGlass on January 10, 2009, 05:32:18 PM
This just in...in case you didn't get it too.

"Our 2009 annual meeting for the Last Chance Handgunners will be held Saturday,
January the 17th, 9:00AM at Jorgensen's in Helena.  Hope to see you there!"

Give me a call Monday or Tuesday if you haven't been to one and would like a "briefing" on the format & conduct, or lack thereof, of these meetings.

Hey there...I did get the email, but I do appreciate your letting me know as well. I definitely want to get together to discuss me getting on the agenda to talk about Appleseed.

I will give you a call

Jerry
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

money."
Charley Reese

Sheepdog

Quote from: The Guy on November 28, 2008, 09:31:03 AM
As long as the "brand" isn't in a "vandalisim" type spot, enjoy!

See ya'all in the spring.

Sheepdog, plan on heading out with me for the Third Anual Samuel Whittamore Memorial Range RBC in Three Forks, most likely 2nd week of May.  Also, Kurt has family among us Lost in Suck, who he needs to get to Ottowa.

Three Forks is nice, about 40 minutes from Bozoland, and the hosts there can't be beat.  Tied, maybe, but not beat.  Besides, 1000 yards.....?  Not to be turned down.

OK this might be real do-able. Can I hitch a ride? Lets talk more. Spring is in the air, NS.
RAMSEUR: SEVEN OH EIGHT

leathermanwave

Hi all, I am David from kalispell. Unfortunately I have not been able to go to an Appleseed mainly because my parents ( I am 15)would not allow me to travel and I would not be able to afford gas, hotel and other cost. I would very much like to attend one if it was scheduled in my area.

montana shooter

We're startin' to crowd the date of our May shoot at the Samuel Whittemore Range just outside of beautiful/bountiful Three Forks, Montana.  It's not too early to start getting the info out.  Shootimus is out of town for another few weeks, so's maybe Glocker/Clodhopper/myself/ and others could get together sometime soon (snowing here in Helena today) and come up with a game plan. 

The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

Mark Davis

Leathermanwave,
I might be able to pull some strings get you a ride to Three Forks and back. If you have a tent and sleeping bag you can camp at the range. Call me 406 570 1865. I work 8-5 weekdays. usually answer in the evenings. I would be very glad to speak with your folks.
Mark Davis

leathermanwave

Quote from: clodhopper on March 16, 2009, 09:35:39 PM
Leathermanwave,
I might be able to pull some strings get you a ride to Three Forks and back. If you have a tent and sleeping bag you can camp at the range. Call me 406 570 1865. I work 8-5 weekdays. usually answer in the evenings. I would be very glad to speak with your folks.
Mark Davis

Thank you for the invite, but there is no way my folks would allow me to travel 300 miles with somebody they do not personally know.
I guess i will just have to read up all i can on marksmanship on the internet unless eventually a Appleseed comes to my area.

montana shooter

dothat......study up on the appleseed project, keep in contact, and as the program grows, it no doubt will spread to your area.  There are a lot of quality folks involved here, some who've become good friends after just one shoot/camp with them, and I'm fortunate to call them friends.  Utilize your local range and shoot hundreds of rounds of ammo........but........use this site to make sure those shots are all quality shots.  Nothing beats an Appleseed Camp to really teach you to shoot, and what it means to be an Appleseeder, but this site is a great start.  Keep in touch, and who knows, maybe an Appleseed event will come your way in the near future.

kb

The American Creed:  "Conservative in fundamental prinicples.....but the principles conserved are liberal, and some, indeed, are radical!"  Gunnar Myrdal

Never surrender freedom for laws that can't affect criminals;  they disobey laws for a living!

JokerDJD

Hi all,

Just wanted to give a shoutout from Livingston. Will see all at Three forks in May!

JokerDJD

Mark Davis

Welcome Joker,
I you get itchy trigger finger let me know, I'm just over the hill in Bozo.
Mark

glocker21

Quote from: JokerDJD on March 27, 2009, 06:12:30 PM
Hi all,

Just wanted to give a shoutout from Livingston. Will see all at Three forks in May!

JokerDJD

Hey there Joker! glad to have ya! I look forward to meeting you in May

money."
Charley Reese

montana shooter

Ahhhhh springtime in Montana!

Well gang.....with just a couple of days before our BC/AS here in beautiful/bountiful southwest Montana, I thought I'd send a shout out to you folks making the trek up here to help make this the best Appleseed camp in Montana. 
First.....the weather......in a nutshell, crappola for the rest of this week, and I won't even look at the Saturday/Sunday/next weeks forecast until we get closer to the weekend.

It's snowing/freezing rain and a balmy 31 right now, and I would pack my bags to reflect this time of year.  With that said, it could very well be in the 70's by next week, so bring the appropriate clothes just in case.

Camping will be available at Shootimus' place again this year, with that state of the art shower set up.  Like last year, we'll have the fire pit and that great big shop to work on our tools, shoot the BS and engage once again in good comraderie and catching up with old/new friends. 

Heard a rumour The Guy will be rolling in Friday, maybe Saturday.  Shootimus (maybe Clodhopper?) and I will be working on the range all day Saturday....so's if your in the neghborhood, swing on by.

We all look forward to a very productive get together and a lot of holes really, really close to each other.....a long way out.

see you soon,
kb

glocker21

MTShooter is right....lost of good times and great shooting to be had. Lot's of opportunities for fellowship.

I hope to be moving around a bit better and be there on the weekend

money."
Charley Reese

Sheepdog

I'm packing. Goin to Montana! 8) YaHooo. O0 No snow...thats over for now !@#). If not I'll bring my snowsuit. Looking to be on final approach about noon on Saturday. :~ :~ :~

Mike

montana shooter

YES!  Looks like the weather might cooperate a little bit around here for you folks.  It's about stinkin' time.  Those of you who are fixin' to do camp time at Shootimus' place, should probably give us a heads up in advance, so's we can strategerize where we're gonna put everybody.  If you plan on coming to the AS on the 9th and 10th, you should definately plan on coming up/over/down on Friday to get settled in.  (mtmisfit)
We're hoping to have a first class (oh....that's right.....Guy's gonna be here).....dandy get together next week/weekend and hope to have a full line.....can't hardly wait!

see you soon,
kb

glocker21

I  look forward to seeing everyone there. I will not make the week but I will make the weekend event. My recovery is doing well but I am still not allowed to prone out for another 4-6 weeks.

Jerry

money."
Charley Reese

mtmisfit

We'll be pulling in Friday evening.
We have a 26' bumper pull trailer if that helps with the planning any. (The wife won't do tent camping any more)
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

montana shooter

By now the weekend gathering has finished up with their important work in southwest Montana.  Bummer I couldn't be there for it.

Just got this dang electronic communcation system up and running from our vaction destination (finally).....and, over an early morning cup of joe, have had a chance to reflect on last weeks get-together at the Samuel Wittemore Memorial Range in Montana.

Just a couple of thoughts, really.

First......thanks, and a hearty round of huzzahs to Shootimus Maximus and his family.  Without them there would be no SWMR.  Sorry Shootimus couldn't be there himself (some folks have to work ya' know), but his bride, and mom and dad (and Super Dog, Wilson, Lucy, Roscoe and other 4 legged critters) made all of us more than welcome.

Thanks to all who helped out setting the camping up, getting the range ready, and helping out with the logistics......what a great location, huh?

Big shout out to the instructors, who took time out of their busy lives to assist us mountain boys and girls in the lost art of shooting a rifle properly, and the even finer art of being good Americans!  (Guy, Sheepdog, Smilin' Dan, Dinky, Neil, and just before I had to leave....Wheeler)....I soooooo appreciate the shooting skills, rifle maintenance help, guidance, patience, sense of humor, and humility you all bring to this program.

Thanks to all the folks who showed up for the weeklonger......some familiar faces, Pah Rah and Mike.....Clodhopper and Glocker. The always welcome new faces that add to the Appleseed mix.......Collin, Cliff......Sheila, Cuz, old Colin, Dillon and more.  It was interesting to note just how different Appleseeders are in their personal lives, and yet, how similar we are when it comes to how we view freedom.....and liberty.  Amazing how these little get-togethers can do that to a person.

The weather could've been a whole lot better, but it sure could've been worse too.  Windy, sometimes blustery, and sometimes downright rain blowing sideways was kinda the norm for most days.....but, that's typical for this time of year.  What was most impressive is, no matter what mother nature was dishing out, our instructors tucked their chin into their collar and plunged on.....and the campers followed suit.  That's good coaching!

I was impressed too with how everybody pitched in to make sure the range was well taken care of!  Policing the brass and picking up the trash is a big part of making sure we have the opportunity to use this ground again in the future......it's much appreciated.

The spaghetti feed was outstanding, the hospitality was equally as good......the story telling and the laughs sealed the deal. 
I enjoyed seeing and catching up with how things are with folks I hardly know.....but do......and looking forward to the same things with those I don't.....Appleseed tends to do that to people it seems.

I truly look forward to seeing all of you again.....and to those of you I haven't met yet.

If any of you who were at this camp are interested in this post......follow up on it by thanking Shootimus and his family......our instructors, and the Appleseed Project.

Then, spread the Appleseed word.....get involved........get other folks involved.

This is good stuff.

kb

glocker21

I have to fully agree with MT Shooter...

The week was a wonderfull success. I have heard nothing but terrific comments from the participants about the Range, the instruction, the camaraderie of shoters, and the historical lessons provided.

I spoke with several of the Kalispell shooters and they are super fired up about getting a range going up there and hosting an Appleseed in the future...Huzzah!

As MT Shooter said, The weather could've been a whole lot better, but it sure could've been worse too.  The wind was there in abundance for most days.....but, that's typical for this time of year, wait 15 minutes and it might change.  I was very very pelased to see out instructor staff take it all in stride and keep on keeing on as it were.

I received a report of everyone policing the brass and picking up the trash is a testiment of people worrying about making things right so that we will be able to to use this site again next year.

MT Shooter was doinga fine job of keeping everyone in stiches with his snake stories. Wackin and whoppin'...man that was funny, although I think MT Shooter may have caused internal injuries to Pa Rah with all jokes and Pa Rah's laughter.

Clodhoppers grandson was quite the neat little fellow, lvoes his grandpa and I think especially the trigger time with his grandpa. Great job Clodhopper.

I truly look forward to seeing all of you again.....and to those of you I haven't met yet.

Time to start planning for next year...if the Beardsley's will put up with us again.

But until then...see you in Boulder on June 6-7, 2009 and September 5-6, 2009.

I hope to get some more shoots on the schedule in the coming months. If you want to have a mini appleseed just let me know and I will see what I can do to help you out.

Keep shooting, and always persevere!

money."
Charley Reese

Checkers

Checking in from Bozeman, Montucky!
Stoney, 20 years old.
Always looking to shoot some gophers, clay's, and AQT's.
My fiance' shoots as well.

glocker21

Quote from: Checkers on June 23, 2009, 04:22:43 PM
Checking in from Bozeman, Montucky!
Stoney, 20 years old.
Always looking to shoot some gophers, clay's, and AQT's.
My fiance' shoots as well.

Glad to have you here Checkers!

money."
Charley Reese

Sheepdog

Hello MT friends. Everything is sold or under contract to sell. Should be enroute to God's country the first of Aug. Headed through Bozo, 3 Forks, and points west... eventually to the Flathead valley. Looking forward to seeing you all again. Also always looking for a place to park a 32' 5th wheel. :)  If there are no hookups that's ok, we can just let the sewage run off on the surface. **)  Ahhh yea, just kidding. The wife and I specialize in low impact visits.
Keep your powder dry. Best, Sheepdog.

mtmisfit

Quote from: Sheepdog on July 06, 2009, 11:13:10 PM
Hello MT friends. Everything is sold or under contract to sell. Should be enroute to God's country the first of Aug. Headed through Bozo, 3 Forks, and points west... eventually to the Flathead valley. Looking forward to seeing you all again. Also always looking for a place to park a 32' 5th wheel. :)  If there are no hookups that's ok, we can just let the sewage run off on the surface. **)  Ahhh yea, just kidding. The wife and I specialize in low impact visits.

Sheepdog,

Don't know what you're looking for but you're welcome to park that 5th wheel at our place. PM me or Bru if you're interested...
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

glocker21

Quote from: Sheepdog on July 06, 2009, 11:13:10 PM

Well heck fine sir, it is very nice to hear from you again. Welcome to Montana! Give me a call when you get near Helena.

Glocker21

money."
Charley Reese

MontanaCZ

There are plenty of camping spots out here in the sticks by us. There is a running creek, and lots of places to hike if you want.  We are next to the mighty Mo', and 45 miles to civilization. Of course we are a bit North of your track, but hey, ya never know.

-CZ
"The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering." The Doctor

Sheepdog

Hey thanks for all the response. We leave Wednesday and will get into the state on Saturday. Have to go by the black hills and p/u the trailer. Then westward. I'm pumped this is the fulfillment of a dream. O0
Hope to seel some of you on the trail.

mtmisfit

Quote from: Sheepdog on July 28, 2009, 12:46:13 AM
Hey thanks for all the response. We leave Wednesday and will get into the state on Saturday. Have to go by the black hills and p/u the trailer. Then westward. I'm pumped this is the fulfillment of a dream. O0

I know how you feel, it took me 18 years to get to MT.

If you come rolling by the Helena area and need a place to take a break give me a call....anytime.  Just give me a few minutes notice, like call from the bottom of the hill not the driveway.  :)  Won't be any different than my pager going off.

glocker21

Ya know misfit...if he does drop by we may have to meet up somewhere for some sort of welcoming activity

Glocker21 sends

Quote from: mtmisfit on July 28, 2009, 04:39:05 PM
Quote from: Sheepdog on July 28, 2009, 12:46:13 AM

I know how you feel, it took me 18 years to get to MT.

If you come rolling by the Helena area and need a place to take a break give me a call....anytime.  Just give me a few minutes notice, like call from the bottom of the hill not the driveway.  :)  Won't be any different than my pager going off.

money."
Charley Reese