News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indy 1500 table next weekend - need Appleseeders!

Started by hawkhavn, October 16, 2008, 09:41:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkhavn

All,

We will have a table next weekend at the Indy 1500, Oct. 24-26.
I need people to come an hand out flyers, talk to folks and get them jazzed up for Ditch Water II in Evansville on Nov 8-9.

I can't make all 3 days, the table is paid for, the flyers are printed and the banner is ready to hang.
But YOU need to be there.

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

hawkhavn

I had an excellent day at the 1500 yesterday, handed out 4 cases of CTD catalogs, talked to lots of folks, including some past attendees.  Several men thanked us for what we're doing as they see hte value of the program and said they would be out on the line.

Talked up Evansville in 2 weeks and prepared the soil for a new crop next year.  I'll let Bob Wyre and LibertyWriterHH post their own updates for today when they get a chance.

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com