News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mini Appleseed - Oct 25

Started by DaveD, October 16, 2008, 09:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveD

Holding another mini on the 25th of October, once again at Cloverdale Conservation Club from 1000 to 1400 hrs (10 - 2 for you non 24 hour types!).       ;D     PM for a slot on the line. 

Good prep time prior to DW II.  If you haven't made Rifleman yet let's make it happen at Evansville!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

Bill of Rights

And a nice shoot it was, though cold. We had five adult shooters present and one new Rifleman! Sadly, I am as yet unable to claim that honor, but I'm three points closer and had I shot 1/8 inch more to the left, I'd have earned it today. New top AQT: 207

Thanks to usafe7ret for putting this on and to the Cloverdale Conservation Club for hosting it!

Blessings,
B
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams

DaveD

Yes, it was cold, but a Rifleman perseveres!

My thanks to all who came out to share this time.  Congratulations to our new Rifleman!!
We also have two knocking on the door, HARD!!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

hawkhavn

All,

Congratulations to the new unnamed(?) Rifleman.  BoR it took me two AS's and a RBC to get there.  A Rifleman perseveres! See everyone at Evansville in 2 weeks.

Hawkhavn
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

indyjoe

It was indeed cold.  Unfortunately, the rifle I built up for my nephew is still to big for him.  It also broke pretty early, but after Macgyvering, I got it back on the line.  I spent the first 2 hours coaching the nephew shooting and he had a great time, so that is what it is all about really.   He will  probably be attending the Evansville shoot as a spectator, hopefully with the rest of the family shooting.  He is really still at the cricket sized stock level.

At my first Appleseed, I almost hit Rifleman with a 207.  At this mini, I almost hit Rifleman with a 209.  :(
"It dosen't require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires to people's minds."  Samuel Adams

Bill of Rights

"A Rifleman perseveres."...? Isn't that what you say when someone's just b!tching too much? :D

Our new Rifleman is not a member on this BB, I don't think.

Joe, I think you'll get it before I will, in part because you'll be at another AS before I will. Even if I could afford to go to Evansville, I don't think it's a good idea to leave my home and family right after this election. Sokay, we'll both have those patches soon.

Blessings,
B
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom,go from us in peace.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down & lick the hands which feed you.May your chains sit lightly upon you,& may posterity forget that you were our countrymen! Sam Adams