News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Michigan City, Indiana Youth Camp - One Day - Midweek - June 26

Started by number6, June 18, 2014, 10:44:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

number6

I didn't see this over here, unless there is a sub board I do not have access to.

From the Michigan state board.

Quote from: Rimshot on June 13, 2014, 08:52:57 PM
We have a youth opportunity coming up in a couple of weeks in Michigan City, IN.  The Michigan City Rifle Club is holding their second annual Youth Shooters Camp June 23-27th, and they have decided to give Appleseed a full day to instruct.  On Thursday, June 26th, we will be holding a one-day clinic for 40 youth ages 5th grade through 12th grade.

Anyone who is available mid-week is welcome to come help instruct.  Camping is available for those who choose to come in Wednesday night.  We are also in need of loaner equipment.  The club is trying to provide rifles and ammo for the kids but their budget is tight.  The club owns 11 rifles, and has a limited stock of ammo from an NRA grant they are providing for the kids.  To help them, we need to scare up as many loaner rifles as we can, plus if anyone has some donated ammo earmarked for youth we could use that too.  This isn't the first time Appleseed has had to equip a bunch of youth, so I'm confident we can make this happen!

This club is passionate and motivated to bring the shooting sports to a new generation, and it's our chance to get our foot in the door at a range that's considering bringing AS on board and actually doing their bit to promote us if they like what they see at the youth camp.

This is a short-notice thing that sprouted from NRAcon, thanks to contacts from Rayne and Hawkhavn.  I only got to meet with club officers today, so I don't have instructor signups online yet.  Please send me a PM if you are able to help either as an instructor or if you have any loaner gear we can use.

RS
You still have a choice. You can still salvage your right to be individuals. Your rights to truth and free thought! Reject this false world of Number Two . . . reject it NOW!!
Number 6, The Prisoner, Episode 11 "A Change of Mind"

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them..." � Richard Henry Lee, "Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic"

"Rifles don't read" YellowHouseJake

"Lots of work?  Yup.  You wanna grow?  Suck it up, cupcake." - SteelThunder

Rimshot

For you Northerners:  I'm coming up on zero hour and still could use some instructing help.  It's not often that we get a midweek shoot, and if anyone out there has a work schedule like mine, some weekdays are better than weekends.  I'm going to SB, and Auntiebellum and Wild Deuce will be instructing, so if you have a day off and want to work with some talented and experienced instructors (namely AB and WD), let me know.  Here's what I've posted in the other states' threads:

Rough count says there's 20 loaners lined up.  Need 9 more, will contact the club to see if the members can break open their personal safes for the cause.  Will need 11 slings to zip tie to the club rifles, I have a few but if any of the loaner-donors have an extra sling they can send too that would be helpful.  I apparently need to keep some extra ammo on hand for the Lake Village shoot, so one last call to see if there's any more donated ammo lying around...?

Thanks to everyone who's chipping in so far.  I could still use some instructing help, or if you've donated rifles and want to work the Lake Village shoot on the weekend when you pick your gear back up you're welcome to spend Saturday night on my couch. @)
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ