News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..Calverton LI (LIPSA) 06/07-08/2014..

Started by Josey Wales, June 09, 2014, 11:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..This event was officially listed as Calverton Long Island but was really done at Long Island Practical Shooting Association (LIPSA).  It was a great event and Project Appleseed was treated very well by LIPSA..
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

VietVet

Well as Josey Wales stated the Shooters on Long Island & NYC have found a new home.
LIPSA has welcomed Project Appleseed to it's Range. Future events are already in the works at this location.
Thanks so much LIPSA for the opportunity to aid us in spreading the word.

Congrats to our new Rifleman.
     Tom...... 215 & 224
     Scott......213
     Jeff .......213 & 224
     Mike......213, 219 & 224

What's with 213 & 224? Think we should play those numbers.

Well done Dave who knocked out that TV and hopefully made some sleeping Americans get off that couch.

The Shooters at this event were great. Never a complaint, never quit. It was a pleasure being an Instructor at this Appleseed Shoot.

Thanks and congrats to all involved.

Here's a few photos..............

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Colhavoc138

What a great weekend! This was my second Appleseed and my first in NY. Each instructor at this event brought a different style and character that really rounds out the whole experience. All of them were extremely knowledgeable about shooting and were able to correct many problems that shooters were displaying on their targets.
I must say that my reason for being so into this program is the history and civic duty aspect of it. During the "3 Strikes of the Match" talks I could truly sense the enthusiasm and spirit of the instructors who were speaking. While we may be from different backgrounds and the like, it was awesome to hear how proud these people were of the men and women they spoke about. Our American history is the common culture we all share.
While I did earn my Rifleman patch and a repeat this weekend, the most memorable part is that I just spent a bunch of time with fellow patriots who answered a call to action. I hope to see the same faces at more Appleseeds. We have our work cut out for us!
When the next Appleseed is held on Long Island, I would strongly suggest attending to anyone curious. Don't be concerned with your ability to shoot. In fact, arrive with an attitude of "I know nothing. Please teach me how to shoot." You will leave a better shooter than when you arrived.

Great job NY Appleseed and LIPSA!

Thanks,
Jeff Carlson
Distinguished Rifleman
Winterseed Rifleman
Maryland Front Sight tabbed
PA Capt Morgan Rifleman Unit tabbed
NYS EMTB/NREMT/TCCC/TECC

Dakota

"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12