News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Dundee, Mi Jun 15-14 2014

Started by Caliper, June 15, 2014, 11:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliper

Whew, what a great weekend!  Warm and sunny weather, enthusiastic shooters and a great host club!  I'm excited to see a good shooter turnout and even shooters using centerfire rifles all weekend long! 

I'll have time to put up pics tomorrow, stay tuned.  Right now, it's time for this Shoot Boss to rest amd recover!  Please post up your comments and pics! 

wingwrench

It was a gorgeous weekend for a shoot!! Let's see if I can figure out how to get some pics up...

wingwrench

Part of the line...

koolman68

We had many appreciative shooters and based on the number of those that came up at the end thanking me, I believe they all left feeling very satisfied with the program and the instructors. To the shooters, thank you for continuing to make this program a success.

Bill Winkle

Some photos...
....Bill Winkle....

Bill Winkle

Some more photos...
....Bill Winkle....

Bill Winkle

Some more photos...
....Bill Winkle....

Superheat

Looks like I missed a good one.  Nice job.

Graywolf

Looks like a fantastic event.  Well done!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Caliper

It was a great weekend wasn't it?  What a joy to see so many faces new to Appleseed (and many fairly new to rifles in general!) and such enthusiasm for our shared Heritage as Americans! 

So, delinquent Shoot Boss rejoining the thread...  Any weekend with SIX people shooting centerfire, and three of them being .30 cal, and another shooter joining the .30 cal crowd on Sunday has GOT to be good!  Man, can those rifles make some noise!  Especially with the short barrels Dan and Z-man brought! 

Congrats to our new Rifleman Dan and Riflewoman Emily!  Dan had to get a 210 exactly just to cool down from the sun while Emily just had to show us how to shoot like a girl with a 228!   O0 to both of you in hot (but not quite Infernoseed) conditions. 

Great job Pavlo; you're nearly there keep it up!  Paul; keep up with that dryfire practice, I really want to hand a Riflemans patch to someone shooting an M1!  Anita, Julius, Anton, Alex, it was great seeing new shooters get out and learn how to use rifles well! 

Finally, everyone remember about the Youth Seed coming up in Fenton!  We need at least eight more youth shooters as of today to have that event.  Fenton is a great range with plenty of space, so tell everyone you know with kids! (parents are naturally more than welcome to watch and listen to the instruction and history!)  Ammo and loaner rifles are available for anyone who needs either. 

Info: http://appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=64&id_event=2686
Registration link: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/fenton-mi-youthseed-july-26-27-2014-ages-12-to-17-only-tickets-10295274443

Oh, and more pics of course...