News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Manufactures rep show

Started by Johnnyappleseed, June 01, 2014, 04:08:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyappleseed

Fri I went to the manufacturers rep show sponsored by Turners Outdoorsman .
Used the opportunity to hand out nearly 3 inches of trifolds.

One ice breaker I used which seemed effective to some folks was," Do you remember when the word Rifleman was a term of honor ?
Which led into a 20 second promo of Appleseed and the request they visit the website .
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

pennys dad

Was the show in Corona at the Raahauges range?

eaglescouter

It sounds like Appleseed had no booth, but instead a lone Appleseeder made a valiant effort.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

pennys dad

No. Appleseed had CALGUNS passing out tri-folds and the guy at the GO booth and NRA.
I am cleaned out