News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

It's true, the people are asleep

Started by eaglescouter, June 03, 2014, 09:59:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglescouter

We just returned from the polling place in my neighborhood.  There are 762 people registered to vote at this location.  When we voted at 5:45PM we were voters number 27 and 28 (note that there were also approximately 50 mail in ballots received).

The good news:  My vote is not being diluted, thus I have more say in the electoral process than I should.
The bad news:  My fellow Americans are asleep and negligent in their duties.

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

2 clicks low

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

dreamerofdreams

My husband and I, as part of our benedictions, have started asking students a series of questions about their elected representatives at varying levels.

Not one student over the past two shoots has been able to name both their federal senators and their federal representative.

Only a few have been able to name the governor of their state.

One was able to name his local elected officials.
"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

scoutcamper

Quote from: eaglescouter on June 03, 2014, 09:59:18 PM
We just returned from the polling place in my neighborhood.  There are 762 people registered to vote at this location.  When we voted at 5:45PM we were voters number 27 and 28 (note that there were also approximately 50 mail in ballots received).

The good news:  My vote is not being diluted, thus I have more say in the electoral process than I should.
The bad news:  My fellow Americans are asleep and negligent in their duties.

I have early work in the morning, so when i stopped in yesterday at 7:30AM(1/2hr after the polling place opened) i was voter #1! Very Sad indeed.

Aardwolf

Agreed. In Humboldt, with 100% of precincts reporting, 22,535 of 75,427 voters voted. 29.88%. Ouch.