News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hour-by-Hour chronology of Lexington and Concord

Started by Ducky, May 12, 2014, 02:32:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ducky

There's a wonderful little book I'd like to suggest, called "The Lexington-Concord Battle Road." It gives an hour-by-hour chronology of the incidents surrounding Lexington and Concord.  It is available (used) in many different printings on Amazon, for under $10 including shipping--some even for around $5. Although it misses some key elements we are all privy to (thanks to David Hackett Fischer), the book has numerous photos of historic homes & markers, artwork and maps--and the timeline is very helpful for piecing together the sequence of events, especially for IITs who are learning the Three Strikes.

Best,
Linda/Ducky
Freedom, in a political context, means freedom from government coercion. It does not mean freedom from the landlord, or freedom from the employer, or freedom from the laws of nature which do not provide men with automatic prosperity. It means freedom from the coercive power of the state, and nothing else.--Ayn Rand

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

308LIBERTY

The Concord Chamber of Commerce still sells this book online. It's 5 dollars with free shipping.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

308LIBERTY

BTW, it's now published by Concord itself and my copy has no copyright statement anywhere in the book so I don't believe copyright infringement should be an issue.

Here's the link:

http://concordchamberofcommerce.org/store/
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke