News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AMC's TURN

Started by PaleRider, April 12, 2014, 11:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleRider

I just watched the pilot episode of this, and it looks like it is going to be a very good drama regarding a spy ring during the Revolutionary War period. Just my opinion, but it was very well acted!
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Shooter30-06

A couple of things which struck me while watching TURN.  First, it is easy to forget that the Revolution was very much a civil war along with being a revolt against English rule.  The Patriot versus Tory aspect was very real and very bitter.  Second, the quartering of troops on the civilian populace can be seen in all of its grotesqueness. 
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

PaleRider

Yep. It definitely does make you remember some of the stuff many of us have forgotten. You FEEL their pain. Second one is DVRed. Watching it tonight!
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

oladcock

When it first started I used the "search function" on this site to see if anyone was talking about it. Tried again today, the "search function" is worthless! :)

We've watched every episode and really enjoying it. I read Brian Kilmeade's "George Washington's Secret Six, the spy ring that saved the American Revolution" I highly recommend it and "Turn" the series seems to follow very closely.

Yes sir, it was a civil war...Still is today....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx