News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 10th NRA Training Class & Shoot @ Bedford DAR Range

Started by techres, April 03, 2014, 11:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

April 10th NRA Training Class & Shoot

April 10th, PROMPTLY at 6:30pm, we will be holding a training session and shoot for those working the NRA convention in Indianapolis this month.  This will take place at the Bedford DAR, aka "Casa Chilidog".

The first part to this will be a dual part indoor class where attendees will get instructions on how to stay on message, avoid problems with the press, and what jobs they are expected to fulfill.  During that class attendees will also be graded on how well they concealed any pistols they plan to carry at the convention.

After the class ends, we will immediately retire to the range and have a pistol competition with same concealed pistols.  The contenders will scored.  Then points will be brutally subtracted for printing and any other failures to conceal that took place during the class session. 

The cumulative winner will take home an amazing prize.  AMAZING!

You all need to be at this event if you possibly can.  It will be very informative and helpful.  Also, loud and fun.

A course of fire will follow.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Brown

Will plan on being there. Can talk for a few minutes about "Industry Group" if needed.
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

ATM

But, I heard on INGO that only criminals and Texans conceal their pistols...

;)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

techres

Quote from: ATM on April 03, 2014, 12:45:37 PM
But, I heard on INGO that only criminals and Texans conceal their pistols...

;)

We can discuss that at the meeting.  You ARE coming, right?

slim

Is OC not authorized at the convention? Are we also doing our best to conceal any pistols we may be packing?

techres

Quote from: slim on April 03, 2014, 01:39:47 PM
Is OC not authorized at the convention? Are we also doing our best to conceal any pistols we may be packing?

OC is allowed at the convention hall.  For media reasons, CC is the dress code for the event itself.  I will confirm this with HH as he is the EventBoss tonight on the weekly conference call.

Chilidog

Here are the details:
At my house at 630 pizza and drinks provided (milk, water, soda pop!)
Want sweets? Bring em! Instruction and contest starts at the door.
You will have to complete certain tasks without flashing your gun or ammo storage device to the judges. Anyone who drops their gun is DQed! Remember you will have to draw your weapon so if you store it in your $&#%@ ......well there will be witnesses and photos posted. No Monkey But!!
positive points for:
Largest caliber
most ammo concealed
Negitive points for:
more clothing than one shirt. (Pants and shoes are required to enter home)
Showing your gun or mags or ammo carry device.
failing to defeat all targets.
course will include steel and cardboard targets ( if you bring your 22 pack a lot of ammo)
minimum round count 16 with no limit on maximum you can carry.
no cost. NRA workers only. Winner takes home BC bomb!
I need a head count for pizza order. As always if you dont like the judging you may protest but you will only be ridiculed! More rules may be added just because its Bedford and we make it up as we go.
Chilidog
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

Chilidog

My house is one drive East of BC entrance on the South side of the road. AS signs will be posted.
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

techres

Black slacks/kakhi's/cargo's with polos.  Women are welcome to wear black skirts.  Men can do a kilt so long as it is tactical and black.

Quote from: Rayne on April 03, 2014, 06:28:31 PM
Dress Code?  What and how I carry depends on my dress code for the day.  What will our dress code be for the NRA convention?

Wild Deuce

Quote from: Rayne on April 03, 2014, 06:28:31 PM
Dress Code?  What and how I carry depends on my dress code for the day.  What will our dress code be for the NRA convention?

Thanks for asking. I've been wondering myself for a while now.

Soooo ... black slacks/pants and polos. Any specific color for the top?

Mudcat

How long are you intending on this lasting? I would love to come, but 0330 comes early in the am.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Chilidog

Chilidog

Head count starts at tech, brown, me, unckly davey.....thats 4.

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Brown

techres

We are trying to make a polo specific to the event.

Chilidog

brianheeter

(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

TJ Kackowski

I've signed up to help during the convention and will plan on attending this informative primer. 

Are handguns required for entry into this event?

I am not at all familiar with Bedford ... any chance you can post a street address so that I can Google directions?   Heck, just post driving directions and save me the time.  Maybe a phone number in case my hillbilly GPS gets wonky?

techres

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

ATM

I won't be able to make this, but I'm pretty good at wearing pants and stuff. I'd probably win.
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

Chilidog

BH, TJ, Rain, The Montgomery makes 11.
3650 Springville Judah Rd Bedford IN 8123220897
Guns are not required. But its Bedford. Its the BOMB. Its merica!

spitfire51

"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

SPQR

TJ - Head south out of Bloomington on 37. Bought 20 minutes down the way hang a right (turn West) on Washboard Road.  Keep bearing West about a mile, Chili's place will be on the left. Ifn you see the big Appleseed sign in front of the barn, come one drive back east.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Brown

seems there should be points awarded for largest frame or highest capacity handgun. Just cause I dont carry that slow as molasses cartridge should not loose points :cool2:

Quote from: Chilidog on April 03, 2014, 06:03:22 PM
Here are the details:
At my house at 630 pizza and drinks provided (milk, water, soda pop!)
Want sweets? Bring em! Instruction and contest starts at the door.
You will have to complete certain tasks without flashing your gun or ammo storage device to the judges. Anyone who drops their gun is DQed! Remember you will have to draw your weapon so if you store it in your $&#%@ ......well there will be witnesses and photos posted. No Monkey But!!
positive points for:
Largest caliber
most ammo concealed
Negitive points for:
more clothing than one shirt. (Pants and shoes are required to enter home)
Showing your gun or mags or ammo carry device.
failing to defeat all targets.
course will include steel and cardboard targets ( if you bring your 22 pack a lot of ammo)
minimum round count 16 with no limit on maximum you can carry.
no cost. NRA workers only. Winner takes home BC bomb!
I need a head count for pizza order. As always if you dont like the judging you may protest but you will only be ridiculed! More rules may be added just because its Bedford and we make it up as we go.
Chilidog

Chilidog

If you shoot twice at each target then you could throw as much lead as the big boys do. See, you can overcome if just put you mind to it. Dont resort to name calling just cause your smaller, just remember, your faster....you have more oppertunity to shoot at the same target. Come on ahead and bring your gun I am sure the bigger boys will still let you play.

slim

All I gotta say is you guys are lucky I have an Appleseed that weekend. Otherwise I'd be there with my AK pistol stuffed down the front of my pants.