News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 10th NRA Training Class & Shoot @ Bedford DAR Range

Started by techres, April 03, 2014, 11:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilidog

No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

GoldFish

Quote from: slim on April 05, 2014, 09:59:31 AM
All I gotta say is you guys are lucky I have an Appleseed that weekend. Otherwise I'd be there with my AK pistol stuffed down the front of my pants.

...and totally win the competition, both the shooting and concealing portions of it.  For real, have you seen this operator class shooter dual wield his double-stack .45 1911 and AK pistol, with a .50 strapped to his back?
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

slim

Quote from: Rayne on April 05, 2014, 11:46:57 PM
Quote from: slim on April 05, 2014, 09:59:31 AM
All I gotta say is you guys are lucky I have an Appleseed that weekend. Otherwise I'd be there with my AK pistol stuffed down the front of my pants.

Uhmm Slim, you do realize that April 10th is a Thursday, as in, not the weekend.  More like the day after hump day.   ;D
Charlie dont care what day of the week it is.

Wild Deuce

Will there be a training class for those of us that can't make it until the night before convention? BTW ... is there a schedule out yet?

I have no information and it's coming up quick.

hawkhavn

AB is working on updating the scheduling and yes there will be an option for those that can't make it.

HH

Quote from: Wild Deuce on April 06, 2014, 05:02:36 PM
Will there be a training class for those of us that can't make it until the night before convention? BTW ... is there a schedule out yet?

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Wild Deuce

Quote from: hawkhavn on April 06, 2014, 05:53:22 PM
AB is working on updating the scheduling and yes there will be an option for those that can't make it.

HH

Quote from: Wild Deuce on April 06, 2014, 05:02:36 PM

Thanks you, sir!

Chilidog

Locktite,Bomber, Wrightman and Mad eye Maudlin makes 15. If your name has not been listed and your coming, hooler out!
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

JSW

AuntieBellum

Just found out we need shirt sizes before Thurs. Please let me know stat. Thanks!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Chilidog

JSW

Chilidog

Your a whole lot bigger n me! What ya want? Little Jeff? Does sound cool. Kinda like Slim.

stagehand steve

Sorry this is so late.  Alex (Riflegirl) and I will be there.  We're traveling down with Lunch Lady and Brown.

== stagehand steve ==
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

Mudcat

Had to work too late, not going to be there obviously.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

slim

So... so..... so......

Who has the bomb? And where are all the pictures?

Rayne

Chilidog

Here is the looowwddooowwwnnn! Bomb went to Big Bad Brown at 126 points! The rest lost by alot. 2nd place was The Montgomery at 35. 3rd was Wrightman at 17. The only near accident was super Heat who tried to drop 2 in my TV! He came in 8th at -7. SPQR followed him up at -17. The only tie was for last with Locktite and Stagehandsteve at -38. It was a great shoot and the insrtuction was good too!
HEY TJ! :pics:

TJ Kackowski

Next time I'm bringing a pistol ... it'll be much easier to miss the targets than post pictures ... grrrr

However, as it got darker, the photos got more character ... a few muzzle flashes and a bright red dot were captured. 

All the photos are in Photobucket.  I believe that if you click on this link, you can download any of them for your use.

http://s1362.photobucket.com/user/TJKackowski/library/BC%20Challenge%20-%2010%20April%202014?sort=3&page=1

Instructions

Tell Si a joke then move to the next stage

More Instructions

The Targets

Ahhh ... a glorious springtime sunset at the range

The Contestants

The Prize

The Winner

Brown

I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Chilidog

If you look close you can see a tear in The Mongomery's eye. Second place is just the first looser!

JSW

Thanks c-dog great fun at the range!  Instruction added to my thought equals up to I m only going to look pretty and stay quiet.  No rabbit holes. Going to be interesting learning opportunity for this hillbilly.  I'm getting huff' s money for ..........lol .   'MERICA