News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD/IBC Alert

Started by Ramblin' Wreck, January 16, 2014, 10:38:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramblin' Wreck

Fellow instructors,
Claude (TnColonel, TN State Coordinator) and I went today and visited with the managers at the Elk River Training facility in Pelham, TN. This is about 20-ish miles south of Manchester, TN where we shoot at Arnold AFB. They have a great facility and are very anxious to establish a close relationship with Appleseed. They have multiple ranges out to 900 yards AND a very nice meeting facility. Since it is relatively close to Rising Fawn (about another 40 minutes up I-24 toward Nashville) I've spoken with the Shoot Boss for the event, DrJohn, and we're going to move the IBC to that location for Saturday and Sunday Feb 22-23.

http://www.elkrivertrainingcenter.com/

In addition, there will be a KD on Friday Feb 21 open to instructors (Free) or anyone else who has attended an Appleseed before. This is of course center fire only. We will focus on long distance shooting ONLY and will not spend a lot of time on SHF, 6 steps, etc. If you have not qualified LD this is your chance to do it. The only cost to instructors will be a $20 range fee but no charge for the KD. Non instructors will pay the single day fee listed on the web site and the range fee.

If you attend the KD and qualify AND attend the IBC with successful completion, you can get both your Long Distance and Boot Camp rockers in one fell swoop.

If you are not already a Red Hat you should register for the IBC as a shooter/student.

If you haven't qualified Long Distance you should register for the KD as a shooter. 

You will need 150-200 rounds for the KD, preferably from the same lot of ammo if you can determine that. Please try to have a 25 meter zero on your center fire rifle when you arrive if possible.

Instructors can stay in the range meeting house for free. There are no showers or kitchen but a very roomy meeting facility and bathroom where you can sponge off if you break a sweat. It is February after all.   Bring your cot/sleeping bags.

The event will be changed online as soon as scuzzy can make it so on the schedule. The IBC and KD will be SEPARATE events and you will have to register accordingly.

I know there is something I've left out so if you have questions please PM or call me at 423.580.4111. There are a couple of folks already registered for the IBC I don't know and I don't have their forum name or email. If you Don Gabler or Richard Gunderman please let me know how to contact them.

Please pass this along to anyone else you think may be interested in the KD or the IBC. The IBC is the vehicle we use to insure everyone is on the same page of music when it comes to how to teach the Appleseed way with SIMPLICITY and PRECISION. If you're an orange hat and are not completely comfortable with your demos or any other aspect of your instruction, this is where you have a chance to improve without the pressure of being in front of shooters. We need you and we want you to be the best trained instructors in the country. Please join us and invite others. You are members of a elite group of the best instructors in the country. Come help us all improve the program and spread the message of Liberty.

This is going to be a great event! Hope to see all of you there.   

May Liberty increase.

Ben
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown

BluegrassColonel

The IBC was a tremendous event with a very good facility.  Dr John & Ben - as well as the other Red Hats -did a great job.  Thanks for all you do to get wannabes & instructors trained right while having a safe and very fun time.  I am so thankful and humbled to be able to attend these events and to have new friendships with men and women of such great character.

Sincerely,
Greg
My father didn't serve in WWII.  It wasn't for lack of trying.  He attempted to enlist 3 separate times.  The last time the doctor said he was too short.  He responded that he signed up again because he said he saw a poster that was recruiting short men to be pilots.  The doctor said, "Short, yes.  But this is ridiculous."  In my book, he's still a hero.

Ramblin' Wreck

Thanks Greg, I agree that it was a great event and I enjoyed meeting all the new Appleseeders that came. I look forward to working a shoot with you soon.

May Liberty increase,
Ben

Quote from: bluegrasscolonel on February 24, 2014, 01:25:04 AM
The IBC was a tremendous event with a very good facility.  Dr John & Ben - as well as the other Red Hats -did a great job.  Thanks for all you do to get wannabes & instructors trained right while having a safe and very fun time.  I am so thankful and humbled to be able to attend these events and to have new friendships with men and women of such great character.

Sincerely,
Greg
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin."  ― Samuel Adams

KD Requal Huntsville 11/13/22 with scoped Service Rifle 47/50
25m Requal 2/1/2020 with AR15 scored 247
25m Requal 4/17/2021 with .22 bolt gun - 237
61 KD and UKD events run/worked as of 1/18/22

You can't miss fast enough to qualify.

Without a heritage every generation starts over.

Beware an old man who still shoots iron sights.

"War is when your Government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when you figure it out for yourself" - unknown