News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spring/Summer CMP military rifle matches

Started by Polaris, December 15, 2013, 04:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Polaris

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=123798

Here's a link to the CMP forums thread on the Harris/GRRC summer match program.  These dates are for as-issued 200yard CMP shoots (WWII bolt action, M1 Garand, M1A, etc).  AR-15 type rifles with open sights are also welcome on the line but not for official score.  Participating in one of these shoots fulfills one of your requirements to purchase a CMP Garand.  Also in the program is the Vintage Sniper rifle shoot.  These sniper matches are quick, fun and don't burn a lot of ammo. Dates and matches subject to change, I'll try to update as we get closer.

Both matches are formal "CMP games" format just as you'd shoot at the National matches but the crew is trying to build interest so there will be plenty of coaching available to help you figure it out.  There are shooters of every ability on the line, from rank noobs to some of the top highpower shooters in the country taking a day off from their mouseguns to shoot a grandpa rifle.  You will be on the line with guys who've seen podium at Perry!  A great chance to test and sharpen your skills against the best, have a great time in a friendly atmosphere, engage in some friendly competition and get some competition pointers from folks who've been there.
Owning a chainsaw doesn't make you a logger.  Put some wood on the truck and keep all your fingers and toes at the end of the day, then I'll be impressed.  Likewise with rifles.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Polaris on December 15, 2013, 04:49:02 PM
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=123798

Here's a link to the CMP forums thread on the Harris/GRRC summer match program.  These dates are for as-issued 200yard CMP shoots (WWII bolt action, M1 Garand, M1A, etc).  AR-15 type rifles with open sights are also welcome on the line but not for official score.  Participating in one of these shoots fulfills one of your requirements to purchase a CMP Garand.  Also in the program is the Vintage Sniper rifle shoot.  These sniper matches are quick, fun and don't burn a lot of ammo. Dates and matches subject to change, I'll try to update as we get closer.

Both matches are formal "CMP games" format just as you'd shoot at the National matches but the crew is trying to build interest so there will be plenty of coaching available to help you figure it out.  There are shooters of every ability on the line, from rank noobs to some of the top highpower shooters in the country taking a day off from their mouseguns to shoot a grandpa rifle.  You will be on the line with guys who've seen podium at Perry!  A great chance to test and sharpen your skills against the best, have a great time in a friendly atmosphere, engage in some friendly competition and get some competition pointers from folks who've been there.

I'm gonna have to get to one of these, one of these days!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Polaris

Aftermath... come on out, bring friends... and your 'A' game. 
Owning a chainsaw doesn't make you a logger.  Put some wood on the truck and keep all your fingers and toes at the end of the day, then I'll be impressed.  Likewise with rifles.

grunt soldier

I am going to look into this for Indiana. I would love to check one out. I think mudcat shoots these in southern Indiana. Thanks for the link! I found Indiana board but it doesn't look as active. Hopefully they will post up a schedule.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Polaris on December 26, 2013, 07:42:37 PM
Aftermath... come on out, bring friends... and your 'A' game.

I've got plenty of 'A' game!  If only I could remember where I put it! #)
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

grunt soldier

If you find it and have some extra, please share some with me lol.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

AAOptics

Quote from: grunt soldier on December 26, 2013, 08:24:52 PM
I am going to look into this for Indiana. I would love to check one out. I think mudcat shoots these in southern Indiana. Thanks for the link! I found Indiana board but it doesn't look as active. Hopefully they will post up a schedule.

Do you know Dean Drews (sloughfoot on the forums)  He is big into these match's for indiana, and can probably steer you in the right dirrection.  I think he is a former Appleseed instructor, but I would not swear to that.