News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Get well wishes for MAC66

Started by Superheat, December 03, 2013, 01:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

I received word today from Gary's wife that his heart surgery on 12-2-13 went well.  Here's what she wrote:

"Just wanted to let you know Gary's surgery went well, he is ahead of schedule with his recovery. He is in a lot of pain but that was expected. He has already been up in his chair and they have advanced his diet already, all good things! Thought you could pass the word to the Appleseed family. Thanks" - Mrs. Mac66.

Upright and taking nourishment?   What else would you expect from MAC?

Let us all send Gary some get well wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. 

Btw, the surgery was NOT for a heart attack or anything like that.  He just needed a little tune up.  LOL.  I will let him elaborate if he wants to.

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

George Hacker

Get well soon, Mac.  Glad to hear your surgery went well and you are on the mend.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

fisherdawg

Get well soon Mac! O0   
Best wishes & Merry Christmas,
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Whippet

I bet he has already scheduled the "Hospitalseed" #)

Speedy Recovery my friend.
1. Point the sights where they need to be pointed
2. Keep 'em there while you squeeze the trigger.
3. Repeat

Choose wisely and do your best at whatever you find yourself doing. (Whippet, 1997)

SteelThunder

Wonderful!!

I'll have to start making Steve Austin bionic sounds whenever I'm around him.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Roundballer

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Mac66.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.  O0

scuzzy

Hope you're doing better right now. Speedy recovery and best wishes.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Bluesteel

ITB

Quote from: Whippet on December 03, 2013, 02:52:51 PM
I bet he has already scheduled the "Hospitalseed" #)

Speedy Recovery my friend.

"Hospitalseed"  awesome.   ;D

Get well, my friend.  We gotta play with those Rugers!
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

Reddot

Fred

Yessir! GET WELL! QUICK!

(Gosh, I bet everyone is wishing that... :) )
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Caliper

How is this possible?  Mac has one of the best hearts I've seen out there! 

Get better, Mac!

Oz

Do what the nice doctors tell you and get well soon, Mac!
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

Pitmaster

Get well soon.

The couple of times I was in the hospital this year I did more than one "HospitalSeed". I even wore my RWVA t-shirt. Maybe I need a pair of those Appleseed sweatpants to go with it, in case I need to go in again.
Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Johnnyappleseed

Plenty of time to recover  Mac ! 4 months to April 19 th. ;)
Best wishes and may you have a speedy recovery .

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

TomM1Thumb

Mac 66,

Best wishes for a Fast and Complete Recovery, To You From DeadEyeRed and I.

Tom
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

9mm4545

Best wishes for a complete, rapid, and painless recovery. Well, complete and rapid anyway.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Graywolf

Get well soon, Mac!  Prayers for rapid and full recovery for you.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Rascal21

Get well soon Mac! Best wishes for a quick recovery.

D.S.S.

Gary, my family and I are offering up prayers for you and your family.  See you on the trail!

Brent
(DSS)
"Somehow, it is OK for little Johnny to shoot and kill in a gory bloody mess aliens and humans alike, but it is absolutely evil to actually shoot at a paper target at a range."  --Marco Vorobiev

The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.  If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be.  --Thomas Jefferson

Aim small...miss small! --The Patriot (movie)

Barbie

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!!   :)
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Miki

Get well SOON! The Mac and Miki show doesn't work without you.  :-[

Charles McKinley

Prayers for a speedy recovery!  You have all those Rugers to break in!  ;D
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Patriot Gal

Get well quickly Mac!  Listen to your therapists and do what they say!!!   O0

You'll be home in no time.  You'll have lots of time to do some dry fire practice!!!

Take care!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

mac66

Hi all. My wife just showed me your messages. Thanks for all well wishes.  Had an aortic valve replaced Monday, was up walking around on Tuesday. Out of ICU on Wednesday. Doing good, felling well, off pain meds . supposed to be home by now. But here I sit waiting for the heart rythum to stabilize. Common thing with open heart surgery.  Now they  tell me Monday before i go home. Other than the Afib thing I doing well and feel good .

I'll check in again when I get home.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

fisherdawg

Quote from: mac66 on December 06, 2013, 12:53:32 PM
Hi all. My wife just showed me your messages. Thanks for all well wishes.  Had an aortic valve replaced Monday, was up walking around on Tuesday. Out of ICU on Wednesday. Doing good, felling well, off pain meds . supposed to be home by now. But here I sit waiting for the heart rythum to stabilize. Common thing with open heart surgery.  Now they  tell me Monday before i go home. Other than the Afib thing I doing well and feel good .

I'll check in again when I get home.

Glad to hear it, Mac.
Best wishes,
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

M1bzrk

Good & speedy recovery, Mac.  We expect nothing less from someone who aced the 10/22 competition.
Keep it up,
M1bzrk

wingwrench

Wishing for you a thorough recovery. Speedy as a bonus..
Get well, Be well

Dave