News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Get well wishes for MAC66

Started by Superheat, December 03, 2013, 01:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mac66

I'm HOME!  I held off writing since I learned the last time I was in the hospital that writing messages while under heavy pain meds isn't very productive. I've now been off the pain meds for a couple days and am now relatively coherent, though it still took me half an hour to write this. ::)

The good news is that I now have a new aortic heart valve clicking away inside of me and I feel pretty good. The other good news is that this was not the result of heart disease but of a congenital heart valve problem. I wasn't sick and should have no long term effects.  I now realize that I had some significant symptoms that I didn't recognize as far back as last summer. If you have had any physical heartaches, twinges, pains, palpitations, heart flutter, irregular heart beat or mini chest cramps you might want to ask your doctor to schedule a echo cardiogram

I've recovered from the surgery, now just need to heal up.  I should back on the Appleseed trail by the end of January.

And no, I still haven't heard anything about my guns from Ruger.  :)
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Superheat

Quote from: mac66 on December 09, 2013, 12:40:08 PM
And no, I still haven't heard anything about my guns from Ruger.  :)

Ya know if you put that at the top it would have saved me a lot of reading.   ^:)^

Glad to hear you are at home.  I feel like a heal for not coming to the hospital to see ya.  Next time I promise.  See you at the IBC.

Pitmaster

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Earthmom

Just heard.  Glad to know you are on your way to feeling good again.  Take care Mac66

mac66

Went to the cardiologist today and am doing well. Everything works and I'm feeling good.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

ITB

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

oladcock

Good deal Mac... Will the clicking make it easier to touch if off between heartbeats? :)...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

fisherdawg

Quote from: mac66 on December 16, 2013, 05:50:01 PM
Went to the cardiologist today and am doing well. Everything works and I'm feeling good.
Mac,
Thank you for the update. Excellent!
Now, get back to work  ;)
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren