News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

FLASH REPORT! DAVILLA, TEXAS!

Started by Fred, September 13, 2008, 12:52:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Yes sir, they are now shooting an Appleseed in Davilla, Texas - prob the first AS ever shot under hurricane-like conditions, thanks to Hurricane Ike, just miles away.

Shooting in blowing wind and rain.

How do I know?

Because the phone rang this morning, and it was Scout, saying, "I want you to hear this!" followed by a distant "ALL READY ON THE FIRING LINE! FIRE!" and the crackle of rifles being fired.

And the weather? "Wind at 30 knots! Rainy!"

Asked if he was teaching them the "wind" standing position, Scout answered, "Of course!"

Fred's been to an Appleseed where the tornado sirens were blaring, but this has to a first in the Appleseed history: An Appleseed shot under the shadow of a hurricane.

Texas, take note! The dozen or more on the line are some real honchos, you can bet. Now we have to make sure that badly-needed grit spreads across your state.

Being a big state, it won't be an easy job. We'll need a lot of Texans to stand up and say "let's end the shame of Texans not being able to shoot! Let's do it!"

Out of respect for this weekend, Fred will foreswear any "Texas bashing" for a one-week period! ;D
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Scout

The hurricane did make it here. We are getting hammered, but still shooting in the sideways rain. 12 men on the line and most with centerfire rifles. The guys  are cold and wet, but not a one has asked to come off the line. They are all coming along at a good fast pace. Gusts of wind and rain to 45 knots. The targets will only stay on the backers for one or two courses of fire.

Five of the guys are well into Rifleman standards. A good group of guys. I envisioned them travelling along against the flow of traffic from the Rock Squirrels fleeing from the imagined threat of Hurricane Ike, while a row of vehicles come barrelling down the highway directly into the eye of the storm in order to fulfil their obligations to be here and shoot. To become better Americans.

We are on a break now, no end in sight now for the wind and rain. I will let you know how things go tonight, with some pictures.
Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

WestTx

Hurricane? Fred, obviously you haven't seen West Texas dust storms. ::) ;D
Good going, Scout. After they're dried off....probably next week.... they be fine.
Great attendance and devotion to duty all.
Rifleman. That says it all.

Wade

See a west Texas dust storm !?   ,,,,,, You don't see a west texas dust storm ,,,just a few feet of it in front of you!!!

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

bigiceman

Had a great Saturday at Scout's place. He ran a first class range and was a great host. Met a great group of like-minded individuals aged from their teens to their forties. It was great to see the young men out there. The other Safety Officers were helpful and attentive both to safety and to helping everyone reach toward their inner rifleman. I can't wait to go again.

The breaks where we heard the story of the events of April 19, 1775 were also great. Scout is an inspired story teller and really brought the history alive. He should really think about doing that for local history classes at schools.

Oh, yeah. It rained.

In the future I might have to bring some of those sheet protectors that you slide pages into; put the normal 8x11 pages inside and then staple them upside down so the water stays off. The wet targets were okay, but the water weakened the paper and they kept tearing away fron the staples and folding over in the breeze from Ike. We had to spend time replacing them we could have been shooting.
The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. - unknown
The road to tyranny is paved with apathy - Me

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter.  Classification: Cook 

WE ARE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

Old Glory!

Forget the Texas rocker; you guys deserve a HURRICANE rocker!   You are a HURRICANE FORCE to be dealt with.

o-geeez
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

oldgrunt

I 2nd and 3rd that too the 10th power ...ROCK ON BROTHERS.....If its not in the works already I would love to get them made just say how many and I will float the bill.....Told scout the same thing when I seen the radar.Made me go to the range and shoot 500 hunreds rounds in the rain and wind here in oklahoma if they are cold wet and shakin .I might as well be too couldnt be there but spent my day in the rain with them in my mind each time my targets blew  away..But real deal I can do up a few for them if no ones done it yet .lady said it would take a few weeks to get them done but it a doable thing on my end....BUT I THINK THEY EARNED THEM COME on....FRED YOU KNOW THIS WAS ABOVE AND BEOND THE CALL...SCOUT YOUR THE MAN ...OLDGRUNT...out
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

Fred

My friends, a rocker that says "TEXAS" says it all. No need to guild the lilly... ;D

I can say no more, being bound by my pledge to stay off "Texas-bashing" for one week, in honor of Scout's shoot this weekend. [Surely, a mark of respect, honor, and gratitudge far exceeding the ordinary.]

Thumbs up to Texas, and Texans!

When they talk the talk, and walk the walk, they're the real thing! :-*

[Man, I don't know if I've ever used the kissy face!!! ;D ;D]
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

colycat

Fred,

It is so gracious of you to take a weekend off of bashing Texans.  You are truly a gentleman and a scholar.

CC

BTW, My son is down there to restore power.  Sleeping in the bucket truck, now going on week 2.  Has finally finished Atlas Shrugged!!!
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

LayloPro

Quote from: Fred on September 14, 2008, 08:44:05 PM

Fred, you are still under the influence of all the "Good Vibrations" you got out here in Cali the other weekend........ ;D ;D :D
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Scout

We survived the big hurricane. ;D ;D Yes, it rained and the wind blew everything all over the place, targets, shooting mats, ammo boxes, tree limbs and trees, say goodbye to that hat, people :D. It was wild for a while, dust blowing at the same time as torrential rain. When you let go of a target, you never saw it again. I told folks when they arrived and it kept getting darker and more windy, that Applesed does not recognize rain as a weather condition.

That we would continue with the event, regardless of weather unless there was lightning, (as Appleseed does recognize the possibility that groups of people standing in line holding steel rods in the air while lightning is striking nearby, is not the wisest course).

I told the folks that while Appleseed does not recognize weather, and even though Fred himself had told me he was proud of them for driving into the hurricane to attend an Appleseed shoot, that they themselves would have to make the decision about whether or not they recognized rain, as a weather condition.

I am proud to say the response was a hearty, "What Rain!!!?" :D At least, I think that was the reply, it was kind of hard to hear what they were saying over all the wind. ;D

The show went slow at first, as you can imagine. It was hard to be heard and we had to make sure all were on the same page and safety was a first concern as always. Targets were tough. They were hard to get stapled in the wind, and then when the rain began and they got wet, they just kind of disintegrated.

Also I am sure everyone who has shot in rain, especially sideways rain, knows it is rough to shoot in. Not because it has any efect on the flight path of the projectile at 25m, but because it fills your eyes faster than you can get it out and blinds you. It fills your ears and you can not hear anything. Plus it was nice and cold. Several of the guys did not bring rain gear, and I went and got them some rain jackets to shoot in, but once you are soaked, you are soaked.

And you can stand there in the rain, and talk about history, or about shooting techniques, or demonstrate position and slings, but the reality of it is, when you are standing there in torrential rain, a lot of the time you are just thinking about how wet you are getting.  :D

I have to give praise to all who stood there without a single complaint and listened to the instruction and then got down in the water and mud on their bellies, water and mud being blown on them, and shot. :D

All during the couorse of the day, each time the rain got harder, and the wind got stronger, I said to myself, "OK, this is it now, they are going to break, one of them is going to give up, throw in the towel and they will all start running", and each time I was wrong. :D

At lunch time I brought down fresh hot cookies and hot coffee my daughters had made for all the shooters and we did the second strike trying to wish away the storm.

I was miserable but at the same time just as proud as I could be. And when people share misery, it kind of makes it better (HA!) ;D

At the end of the day, around seven thirty, it started clearing up nicely and we had one last AQT and I brought down hot dogs, beans and potatos my wife cooked for the guys who wanted to stay and eat. Everyone was bushed and soaked. But happy. They had weathered the storm and done their best, which was pretty good, and they were beginning to understand why Appleseed is what it is. They were beginning to understand that Appleseed is not a marksmanship course, it is not a social club, it is not the latest fad , it is not a militia or a black helicopter watch group, and it is not the answer to everything. (though I consider it a good start ;))

APpleseed, is a way of life

It is a way for people to start fresh again in their lives. A way to begin anew, with all past sins of ennui, apathy, procrastination, and ignorance of the History of Americans, forgiven. Their rudderless navigation of the constantly shifting seas of uncertainty is given a storm anchor to hold them in place, while repairs are made to their keels and new charts, for new courses, are laid out. 

Fresh water and provisions are laid in, new sails are rigged and a new figurehead is carved. Decks are scrubbed, oakum is hammered into cracks and finally a new flag is raised on the mainmast.

It is a place to start.

People are given a task. A hard task. Become the master of your rifle. SOmething they have always wanted, but never followed through on. We help them solve this with an intensive course and when they master it, and even if they don't right then, we have given them rock solid proof that they can, and that becoming the master of your rifle is just the first step on the path of their new life.

When a man, or woman, shoots "Rifleman", and you look in their eyes, you see a completely new person. They are no longer bound by the laws which govern mortals. They have been given super human powers which they can then use to change the world. I have seen it. If you do not think I believe this with all of my heart, you are wrong.

I saw it again just today. A youn man had come to an APpleseed here in June, the one with the 130 degree heat index and had shot right up to Rifleman, but just short. He came back this weekend and finished it. He shot Rifleman, and when I handed him the patch, I could see it in his eyes, in the way he walked after this, the way he shook my hand. He had changed, he was never going to be the same man again. He could not be the same man again. He had done something important to him and it had changed him.

I don't propose to know where people's paths will lead them after this, but I know it will be somewhere they have always wanted to go.

We had a great time this weekend, two new IITs and two more on the way when they shoot rifleman next month. I tried to get pictures of the storm, but when it got worth taking pictures of, I could not keep water out of the lens. I will post pictures later though.

Thanks to John (LabRat) for doing an excellent job as he always does, and to Dylan, a new IIT who was drafted into the program for Saturday. When I told Dyaln I needed him, he said, "I'll be there". Thanks guys! And my thanks to all who attended this event. I doubt you will soon forget it, though I have no doubts it made you a different person. :D ;D ;D ;D
Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

didactic

Talk about mixed emotions!  I had to work Saturday, so I was already resigned to missing that shoot.  Truth be told, I don't like wind, rain, and cold.  But what an experience to miss!

In a year or so, Scout will probably be saying, "Shucks, it weren't really nothin'.  Only the EDGE of a hurricane."  But I suspect he's the kind who's been capable of chewing up 16-penny nails and spitting out barbed wire for a long time.

Congrats to all who adapted, overcame, persisted, and prevailed.  What an addition to the history of Project Appleseed!

"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Scout

Quote from: Laylopro on September 15, 2008, 02:56:43 AM
Quote from: Fred on September 14, 2008, 08:44:05 PM

Fred, you are still under the influence of all the "Good Vibrations" you got out here in Cali the other weekend........ ;D ;D :D

Laylo, I think you must be right, that can be the only explanation for the Sweet Fred and his promise to give Texas a weeks respite. :D ;D
BattleRoadUSA.com

LabRat

This was (as usual) a great Appleseed.

Got up at o'dark thirty Saturday morning to check where the storm was, since I didn't particularly want to drive through horizontal wind and rain if I didn't have to. Sure enough, radar showed the outer bands of Ike bearing down on the house pretty darn quick, but I could beat the storm if I got moving, so that's what I did. Hurled the necessary gear in the truck and took off, keeping one eye on the road and the other peering northeast, expecting to be blown to Kansas (or at least into Travis county) at any minute. Little did I know that the storm had made a hard turn to the north about five minutes after I left the house, so I stayed dry the whole way...just some gusts that pushed the car all over the place.

Got there and found the place high and dry, just Big D and a couple of shooters already rarin' to go. Frankly, with the weather, I expected it to be just myself and Scout out there reciting the Three Strikes to each other, but I was pleased to be wrong and we had a dozen true Americans out there ready for anything and ready to become Riflemen. Along with Dylan and myself, Scout got us started and off we went.

Other than the wind, which blew everything, targets, hats, mats, chairs, Scout's famous grit and even ants, onto everyone and their gear, I thought we had missed Ike completely. We were dry through the redcoat, first couple of sighters and the position demos, but then the horizontal rain began, only a drizzle at first, but quickly turning into a pretty steady shower which soon soaked everything and made the targets rip loose from the backers no matter how many staples were there to buck the wind since they simply came apart. It did make doing the First Strike interesting as I tried to shout over the wind gusts and held a batch of soggy notes that were completely stuck together. Ah well, what else can you do but see it through? Those with rain gear had put it on and kept going. Those without rain gear...also kept going. I count myself among the non-rain-gear-having group, a consequence of my last-minute departure, but what the hey, you can instruct just as well wet as dry. Besides, I had some dry gear in the truck, so I could dry off at lunch. Huzzah!

At lunch the rain tapered off, so I got into dry gear just in time for the rain kick up again as we returned to the line so I became nice and wet again. ("Huzzah!" cut short). The cookies and coffee kindly provided by Scout's family were a welcome relief, making the sogginess a lot more tolerable. Everyone persisted and by the first AQT, the rain had quit and we had a good first day, even if we all were squelching in our socks. I tell you, it gives you an appreciation for what the guys on Guadalcanal must have put up with. At least I had an idea of when I could get dry feet again, they might've had to (and did) go for weeks with soggy feet.

As if making up for the day before, day 2's weather was perfect, if you don't count the buffeting wind from the shooters' 12 o'clock, which Scout turned into a teaching opportunity to instruct the shooters on the finer points of shooting within the wind's cycle. Good advice, judging by the scores on the AQTs. We had eight shooters Sunday, so between Scout and myself, we were able to run a safe line and we saw some real improvement in everyone's shooting, including the brand new Rifleman Scout mentioned, and I think we can welcome a brand new IIT to the AS ranks in general and the Texas cadre in particular! I gave "Dangerous Old Men" and Scout finished with Strike Three and we squeezed in a couple more AQTs and then the redcoat. I had to leave about 5, so I didn't see the new Rifleman receive his patch, but what Scout described is exactly what I felt when I got mine. He's right, it's a change and you're never the same afterwards.

Sad to see the end of another AS, but happy to have seen a new Rifleman forged and have had everyone there really feel what it means to be an American. The enthusiasm level was high among all the attendees and I hope (and expect) to see many of them back at a future event. Thanks once again to Scout for being a great host and to Fred as well. The more AS shoots I instruct at, the more I'm amazed at the brilliant simplicity of the program...sort of a "why didn't I think of that?" kind of thing. Ah well, thinking is cheap, but I'm glad he actually got this thing started.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

Thomas Paine

metalbot

Here's a link to my arfcom after action report:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=8&t=324097&page=1&#-1

I had a great time and learned a lot.  You'll definitely see me back next month (with another carload of people).

Davilla 1108

paleocon

Scout, 
     this is T. Wood and just wanted to let you know that I thoroughly enjoyed the Appleseed and you did a fantastic job.  I didn't get to thank you for the use of your 10/22 so I do want you to know that I am grateful.  I don't think I will ever be able to forget hearing "LOAD" "FIRE" with rain pummeling me in the side of the head.  Kind of takes you back to a time before us.  Tell your family I said thanks for the coffee, cookies and the meal that was provided.  I will be back for another shoot hopefully to one of the next two events.  Also  I know we had talked about Badnarik and I just received an email from him and he is looking for a guest for his Thursday slot so I wanted to let you know.  Trey and I got back to San Saba about 5:00 Sunday evening and I was beat.  Somehow Trey jumped back in his car and drove 5 hours to Houston to fufill his Texas State Guard service helping with the refugees at the convention center.  It was a weekend I will never forget.

crak

Nice job, Scout.

Maybe we can dial up a blizzard up here to match.   ;D
Check your drama at the door.

Nickle

Quote from: crak on September 16, 2008, 03:33:36 PM
Nice job, Scout.

Maybe we can dial up a blizzard up here to match.   ;D

He remembered being up at Jericho in July (cold and rain), and didn't want the Texans to miss out on the nice rainy weather.

Rain a "Weather Condition"?

You betcha.

One weather condition you NEED to learn to shoot in, folks. That's why we do NOT cancel an Appleseed due to rain. Grab some oil and grease and drive on.

Remember the Army saying. "If it ain't raining, it ain't training."

That's OK, we got the remnants up my way Sunday evening, when we were coming home from New Bremen, NY. No rain, high winds, high temps (for that time of the evening and this time of year). 78 degrees at 11 PM is higher than we're used to right now. The high got to about 67 yesterday, with the sun shining.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

zercool

Quote from: Nickle on September 16, 2008, 03:52:59 PM
That's OK, we got the remnants up my way Sunday evening, when we were coming home from New Bremen, NY. No rain, high winds, high temps (for that time of the evening and this time of year). 78 degrees at 11 PM is higher than we're used to right now. The high got to about 67 yesterday, with the sun shining.

Good to know we weren't the only ones ... Spent most of the trip down I81 fighting crosswinds; couldn't believe the time'n'temps on the banks were saying 78-80 all the way home. Of course, it did drop 15-20 degrees overnight...

Scout, I'm going to have to try to make it down there for one of your shoots - they sound like more of an adventure than we have in NY! :D

txpirate

Oh, are they ever an adventure!!
June: 130 degrees heat index, no breeze, gallons of water consumed.
Sept: Hurricane Ike bearing down.
It has been fun. And I am looking forward to more. Now with an orange hat.

Fred

Metalbot, I read your post over at arfcom...

How the heck did you forget to mention you were shooting in a hurricane (at least, in the outer edges of one)?

Did you miss the fact that it was blowing like H at the AS? :D

If it was me, I'd go back over to arfcom and preen a little - not everybody can claim the cahones to be out in a hurricane, learning to shoot!

And who was the new rifleman?

I'd say, shooting "rifleman" on the AQT in Hurricane Ike is worth some bragging rights at the Appleseed saloon. I'd say, "your money's no good, drinks are on the house!" is a fair rendention of what you'll hear. ;D

metalbot

While I'd like to glamorize the hurricane, it was just a bit of rain, and Sunday was so nice it pretty much erased the memory of any bad weather Saturday.  I've taken much less fun classes in much worse weather.
Davilla 1108

LabRat

Fred,

The new Rifleman is txpirate. Shot it with a borrowed LTR (mine). Says he can't wait to show up at the next one with his orange hat.

I tell you, Ruger oughta be paying us for the free advertising. I can't tell you how many people say, "I gotta get me one of these!" whenever they shoot a properly-equipped LTR.

Hmmm. Maybe I just volunteered myself for a new job?!?

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.

Thomas Paine

paleocon

Metalbot..  you must have forgot to mention that the "bit of rain" was coming in horizontal!

Fred

Oh, man - is this a "Texas" thing? A "little bit of rain"? ;D

And LabRat, as usual, you are right. Thanks for volunteering... ;D ;D ;D

txpirate

Hey I shot rifleman with my AR15 first. Then repeated with the LTR. But, yes, "I gotta get me one of those"

And where is this Appleseed Saloon? Sounds better than even my beloved Dixie Chicken saloon.

Scout

Jericho and Throop were back to back Rain Appleseeds, and I only had a walmart bag to wear at both of them. Both shoots I left my rain gear sitting on the table when I left, (eternal optomist) ;D

TxPirate, welcome aboard! Tx. is the gentleman who fired Rifleman this last weekend. He is a good man, smart, dedicated and a very good shooter. He is now an official IIT for Texas. He will be helping staff the soon to be finished DAR range in College Station. Congratulations TxPirate.

Hot on TxPirates heels were several other shooters. Metalbot and several others. Metalbot was doing a great job and was headed to Rifleman on Saturday, then he handed off his rifle to his friends son on Sunday because the young mans rifle was not functioning properly, starting with a completely new rifle and using tactical slings might have kept him from getting a higher score. But the young mans scores improved, which was just as important. :D

Also a thank you to Metalbot for getting the AAR on AR15.COM. It read well (even though it didn't mention the rain, which makes me appreciate you even more :D). He also didn't mention that he stayed on the line and and shot when everyone else went to get rain coats. Finally I just couldn't bear to look at him and his buddy standing there drenched and I got some rain jackets out of my truck for them. I am looking forward to seeing you again soon and handing you your Rifleman patch (and hopefully an Orange Hat ;))

If everyone who came that is on a gun forum will post about their experiences at the Appleseed, that would be just great. You can even just refer them to this post if you want.

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=3845.msg37178#msg37178

Thanks again to all who came. To LabRat, who is becoming an excellent instructor, and to Dylan for helping by putting on an orange hat in an emergency, and then deciding to continue with the program and keep the hat.  Everyone who didn't run at the first drop of rain, and everyone who came who cares about what is happening to our country. I saw it in all your eyes when I was talking to you. Thanks :)

One last thing, the reason we had to have some emergency help this weekend is because we had most of the Texas Crew on emergency activation with SWAT and police, or were trapped in their homes with flood water or downed trees, or had been forced to evacute and many now have flooded and damaged homes and one is waiting to find out if his home in Galveston has been destriyed with all the others. Please include them in your prayers.  

PS- I wrote this this morning and forgot to hit submit ;D
BattleRoadUSA.com

Scout

Quote from: zercool on September 16, 2008, 04:25:15 PM
Scout, I'm going to have to try to make it down there for one of your shoots - they sound like more of an adventure than we have in NY! :D

Zero, I will have a chair by the fire for you when you get here :D
BattleRoadUSA.com

TheUpsetter

Hot coffee and chocolate chip cookies in the rain at a firing range with a dozen solid Americans brave enough to ruff a hurricane to get a taste of their heritage.  God bless America! 

A big thanks to Scout, and especially his wonderful family for taking such good care of us.  It was a genuine honor to wear the orange hat on Saturday and I had a great time working with the left side of the line and meeting some great guys.  You all do know that women shoot free, right?  There's no reason we can't get some of our better halves or leading ladies out there for the next shoot.  At my first Appleseed I was out gunned by a 15 year old girl.  Annie Oakley, I think her name was. 

I am very much looking forward to helping run the line again, in fact its almost as fun as shooting.  So Scout, please let me know if another hand is needed, I'll do what I can.  It definitely looks like I'll be attending Boot Camp in November and will be ready for my Shoot Boss training in preparation of April 19th.

LabRat, it was a real treat to work along side of you, and I must say again what an honor it is to be part of the Texas crew.  Although, it looks like my family and I are packing up and moving to Washington State in the next few months, but, they got Appleseeds there, so I'll still do my part.

Congrats TxPirate, on your achievement!

What a great shoot everyone, thanks for coming and being part of it.

_Dylan
"When matters are done leisurely, seven out of ten of them will turn out badly.  A warrior is a person who does things quickly." - Hagakure

Wade

Ah the Texas forgion legion move's in on Washington ;D the reinforcements I have been hopeing for ! :D

Wade
Texas forgion legion In Washington state ;)
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !