News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Zanesville, OH. - Oct. 26/27, 2013

Started by slim, October 28, 2013, 08:15:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

A packed line at Briar Rabbit on a blistery cool and windy Saturday morning. Patriots joined us from across the state to learn the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship and hear the tale of American heritage. We had three family groups that got up off their couches, braved the cold, and honored the tradition all day long, even when the sun disappeared behind the clouds again. They persisted. Huzzah!

Sunday morning found us warming up in the sun and we really had the chance to work on our skills and help each other with various drills; drills we can now do at home!

And before we knew it... it was done. Time to get back home and back to the grind of daily life here in America. Hopefully with a little more knowledge of what happened on Apr. 19th, 1775 and a little more to work on next time out at the range.

I hope you folks will join us again soon!

HippieChick

slim

More pics...

Our "cozy" line on Briar Rabbit's Bay #1.

It's a beautiful, ugly place!

And it was a bit cold.

Dad Jeff with daughter Alice and son Coulter.

Daughters Denise and Patricia with their dad, Mike.

Three generations on the line right here. Jared, Karl and Kevin.

Working on the fundamentals.

Honing those skills.

Carding the sights with actual note cards.

Shooters coaching each other is how you make it through a short-staffed event. This is a volunteer program!

Our Sunday shooters getting NPOA down. Everyone qualified at 100 on the final Redcoat!

It's all coming together. This Appleseed stuff really works!

Yes, it was that cold. But boy did we have a good time!

Liberty60

Hey Slim,

Thanks so much for leading this event. What a fantatstic way to spend a weekend; learning about our American heritage and honing our rifle skills!

Yes, it was a bit nippy... I'm glad I brought the extra blankets and the kids wore their ski bids. All in all we stayed warm with our winter attire, the great commanderie and oh yeah, the warm rifle barrels!

I've already started the campaign to get an even organzied for this spring here in Richland County. I already have several homeschool families very interested in the opportunity to have their children get a history lesson and learn a skill. I'll be in touch.

Keep up the great work that you and the others are doing. It is appreciated.

slim

We will. And keep us posted on that homeschool event.  O0