News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD AQTs at Red Brush THIS WEEKEND (Impromptu Instructor KD Day)

Started by SPQR, October 17, 2013, 11:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grunt soldier

Lol this is my first time dealing with this craziness that is pregnant hormones.  the first go round I spent all but the first 2 months of it in Afghanistan.  It worked out well for me minus I didn't get to see my little princess until she was 3 months and some change old. 

I'm thinking the average woman I might could handle  her preggers hormones.  however my Italian wife is a bit different.  she is fully out of freaking control.  it's serious bidness out here in my neck of the woods lol.  I told her today it might be better if I just went back to Afghanistan for the next 6 months.  she didn't appreciate that idea. 

Now that being said it was a 2 day event when I explained it.  If I can roll out saturday morning early enough she is still aslepp who knows what possibilities I can make happen. 

What time are you leaving Mrs Rayne?  I need come up's for my new rifle any who.
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

SPQR

Headin down tomorrow night. Will be campin. Bringin small pot of potato soup and a pot of chili.  Mudcat I will get with you tomorrow on our eta.

What do we need in the way of backers? I have targets and paper.

Heeter and Rayne and Spitfire can you coordinate transport for Kate and Techres? Looks like we have plenty of ammo for kate. Josh is down a cat and needs wheels.

Tater and S2S are in.  Ain't heard from JSW yet but it wouldn't shock me if he showed up in a plume of black smoke. 
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

techres

Down a car, not a cat.  I would LOVE to be down a cat but life is what it is.

Any of you heading through in the early hours of Saturday?

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

hawkhavn

SPQR PM sent to you in re: backers and some other 'stuff'.
I'm off tomorrow and could swing it by your place.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

I will have wood and a fire pit. May make some Jambalia or red beans and rice if I get a chance tomorrow though not too likely.

I am not sure on backers. But I have many new pieces of cardboard that are 3' by 10' or so. Should work out for backers, in my mind anyway.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

spitfire51

Huff do you know roughly what time you're going to be there tomorrow night?
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Mudcat

THe mini van is the original urban assault vehicle, lots of room for guns and ammo. If it gets real bad just rip a hole in the roof install agunner and you are ready anything Bedford or Bloomington can throw your way.

Grunt I left the country after I found out my wifey was pregnant too. Came back when he was 6 months old. There is a lot that can be said for that. Just sayin.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

grunt soldier

Lol mudcat after tonight's episode I'm ready to roll for a few months at least lol!  I'm working on my ride right now. It's hopeful for sure! 
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

philagothon

What are the chances we'll have the range for Sunday as well? I had planned to spend my entire weekend at Atterbury; I'd be happy to spend it at Red Brush if given the chance.

Anyone want to carpool down Friday with plans to stay until they throw us out? I'm near Bloomington and can drive or chip in for fuel.

Rayne

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Mudcat

Quote from: philagothon on October 18, 2013, 12:51:08 AM
What are the chances we'll have the range for Sunday as well? I had planned to spend my entire weekend at Atterbury; I'd be happy to spend it at Red Brush if given the chance.

Anyone want to carpool down Friday with plans to stay until they throw us out? I'm near Bloomington and can drive or chip in for fuel.

I am doubtful that we will have the range on Sunday. It is a greatest need kind of thing. I wouldn't feel right even asking for just a few of us to take it away from the membership. If we had 25 or so shooters I would feel comfortable asking and could probably secure it for most of the day anyway. We should be able to get plenty of AQTs in on Saturday the way it looks.

Sunday at the range is a sub gun match the annual Jerry White match which is a pretty big deal. We will need to clear out of the shelter house by mid-morning. If you happen to have a sub gun and want to shoot the match I know they would be glad to have you.
There is a F Class shoot Sunday too (we think). So if anyone has a precision rifle and wants to shoot a match you are able to do that as well. I prefer taking my plain ole rifle and shooting it off of a sling rather than a bi-pod and giving the boys a run for their money with skill against equipment.

Of those staying until Sunday, would anyone be interested in a fighting handgun class? If so be sure to bring your handgun with a few hundred rounds of ammo, a holster and spare magazines. Let me know Saturday.
--George Washington

AuntieBellum

Mudcat, thank you for securing Red Brush for us on Saturday.  And thank you, everyone, for being so flexible.  Rimshot and I are gonna drive two hours north to instruct in Michigan instead of driving five hours south to shoot with you.  We're sad to miss the festivities, and it was not an easy choice, but we're sure you'll have fun without us.  Hope to see ya'll soon.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

SPQR

Spit-I don't know.  HQ does not know when she will get off work today and that is a factor.  Completing the Chili is a factor as well.  I will know more this afternoon
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

HQ

This chili is a big pot - but I'm not sure it could feed everyone till they are full - can anyone else bring food for Saturday night?

I won't be able to shoot the entire day (pregnant ladies can get things accomplished without hysterics - it just takes a little planning!) so I plan on taking a nap tomorrow afternoon and then heat up the soups - so it would be ready for those even if they are planning on shipping out Saturday night to go home.  Beats eating in a loud restaurant!

Add it to the string if you can bring some grub!

Mudcat

I will bring some dogs and buns actually my wife will bring some dogs and buns. She has a pot of chili too, she can bring it if needed.
--George Washington

brianheeter

I'll bring some loaves of French bread, I mean Freedom bread.  Liberty bread?  Nothing fancy, just what Marsh has.
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

philagothon

I'll bring a jar or two of peanut butter and a loaf of white bread.

SPQR

Everbody show up at 8 est tomorrow.  Jump out of the truck with your pack in one hand and your rifle in the other.  No I am not kidding. We will start or day with sun up, squad up, and go.   We brief on safety and move to the line.  All instruction (which is greatly paired down) will be on the line.  A free come up recording chat will be available.  If you want a data book we have them.  Ten bucks.

8est
7central

Everything you need and nuthin you won't use.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

slim

Quote from: grunt soldier on October 17, 2013, 10:11:32 PMReal talk I may need...
+10 Internetz for keeping it real on the Appleseed forum. I do believe this is the first time "Real talk" has ever been posted. We need more of that around here.

Quote from: Rayne on October 17, 2013, 10:18:19 PMwhat kind of man are you if you can't handle one hormonally unbalanced pregnant wife?   >:D
A smart one!  O0

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Rayne

grunt soldier

What is the address to this place in Bedford for the meet up at 0600. I'm thinking I'm going to try and show up. At least to right now. Her mood may change in a few minutes though

philagothon

Quote from: grunt soldier on October 18, 2013, 09:41:10 PM
What is the address to this place in Bedford for the meet up at 0600. I'm thinking I'm going to try and show up. At least to right now. Her mood may change in a few minutes though

Indiana Army Surplus
3714 W 16 th St, Bedford, IN 47421

(unless someone corrects me).

SPQR

Just get on 37 and head south. Its at the primary intersection right off 37. There's abig bomb and a flashy scrolling sign. Cant miss it.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

grunt soldier

Omg it's early as heck. But I'm up and on my ways!!  See everyone in a bit

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.