News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A blast from the past

Started by Mudcat, October 07, 2013, 08:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudcat

I was going through some of my old pictures and came a across a few I thought I would post.
First up anyone know who this guy is?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Mudcat

Maybe these 2 guys?

IMC in period costume.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

hawkhavn

#1 Can't tell
#2 Techres standing with Slim in an Orange Hat
#3 Kentuckyjam!
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

Aha stumped ya. on #1 you are correct on #2 and #3.
We will be seeing #1 in a few weeks.  :pop:
--George Washington

hawkhavn

Now you have piqued my curiosity!
Someone from out of state or someone who has been out of state for a while???  :)

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Mudcat

--George Washington

slim

#1 Doesn't curse unless he's angry. "I'm not mad. If I was mad I'd be cursing." He's tall, eats a lot, and is pretty good with numbers.

...unless you're talking about knocking out PC-4. Then he's all like "Numbers? What numbers?"

AuntieBellum

Quote from: slim on October 07, 2013, 10:06:52 PM
#1 Doesn't curse unless he's angry. "I'm not mad. If I was mad I'd be cursing." He's tall, eats a lot, and is pretty good with numbers.

...unless you're talking about knocking out PC-4. Then he's all like "Numbers? What numbers?"

I'm going with Slim's guess.  The floppy hat is the giveaway.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

hawkhavn

OK, I can see it now.
Don't remember that rifle though...

HH

Dr. Jerry Pournelle

---Robert Anson Heinlein

spitfire51

Quote from: hawkhavn on October 07, 2013, 10:25:52 PM
OK, I can see it now.
Don't remember that rifle though...

HH

It looks to be about the size of a "tactical cricket."
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

Mudcat

--George Washington

Rayne

~

QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Uncle Davey

#1 looks like he's from around Bloomington ..looks like Forest Gump
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

Uncle Davey

He always wears that Gilligan hat

tater

He's nanners for muzzle sweeps.
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Mudcat

--George Washington

slim

I sent Brad a "we miss you bunches" message after the KCR event. He said they were talking about getting to an event sometime soon. They miss us too!

And Rayne, you'll have plenty of opportunity to shoot your Axe commercial at Atterbury.  -:)

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

SPQR

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Mudcat

This happens to be the first Rifleman patch I ever handed out. Anyone know this shooter? He's still around.
--George Washington

redbaron

brianheeter

I first looked at that picture (#1) and thought, "I don't know who that is."  Then I saw where people are saying it's me and I thought, "Are my legs really that thin?"  Then I looked at the date on the photo.  I was not at an Appleseed shoot on 22AUG10.  I went to Nashville in April of '10 and Evansville in September.  If that date is right that is not me.

You can all apologize now....  Waiting....  Still waiting....  Stiiiiiiilllllll waitiiiiiinnnnnnnggggg......
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

Mudcat

The date is not right and yes your legs are that thin.  **)
--George Washington

Rayne

~

SPQR

Funny, I recognized the wide trigger elbow placement.

Lean and mean
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

brianheeter

I still don't think that's me:

-What was I doing shooting a scoped rifle?
-I have never owned camo shorts.
-Another picture from that shoot has me wearing a jacket.
-I only wear orange on St. Patrick's Day
-My legs aren't that thin, are they?  (I gotta eat more!)
(refuse to) Kiss the Ring!

SPQR

Had you borrowed one of Mudcat's rifles?  It looks like a Simmons .22 mag and I know he has had one or two of em.

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Uncle Davey

Well I guess you have a clone..thought for sure that was youin Gump.

Uncle Davey

So who is it Baron? I sure don't know ..Samuel Whittemore??