News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A blast from the past

Started by Mudcat, October 07, 2013, 08:35:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redbaron

He's from the southern part of the state. He was one of three to shoot a rifleman score at the Evansville KD in March. 40 out of 40 hits!

Uncle Davey

I haven't been around long enough ..although I took my hat@ Evansville on New Years Day Eve 2011
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

Mudcat

He received his red hat the same shoot this little feller was at with you. Think painted rifle.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Uncle Davey

Man..I got nothing..has he ever been to Bedford?

Mudcat

The above picture was taken at POCs and you were there. The little feller is a friend if yours son. He showed up Sunday with his rifle painted. Lol
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Uncle Davey

Mudcat..you talking to Red Baron? If not you have me mixed up with someone else..

Mudcat

You are correct I do, the New Year's Eve shoot rang a bell with me. I know who you are now. But who am I thinking about? Drives a Mini Cooper?
Sorry for the confusion.
--George Washington

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: Rayne on October 10, 2013, 07:16:49 PM
If he shot a 40 out of 40 he out shot his old man by one hit and I believe MudCat shot a 39 because he had a malfunction or trouble with a mag change and ran out of time on that stage.  The other rifleman that day was Unbridled Liberty.

Nope.  I waited until Atterbury in June.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Mudcat

Quote from: Rayne on October 10, 2013, 07:16:49 PM
If he shot a 40 out of 40 he out shot his old man by one hit and I believe MudCat shot a 39 because he had a malfunction or trouble with a mag change and ran out of time on that stage.  The other rifleman that day was Unbridled Liberty.

I fumbled a mag change and missed getting a round off, with a bolt action you just don't have much time for miss steps.  :wb: That was my son XDMan, the first Rifleman patch I gave out.
--George Washington

Uncle Davey

Awesome! I brought my Garand and shot it for the first time. Rimshot and AB were there; HQ, SPQR and those chicken and noodles!!!!

Mudcat

I got ya now, I still don't know who I was thinking of though.
--George Washington

redbaron

Quote from: Uncle Davey on October 10, 2013, 05:07:14 PM
I haven't been around long enough ..although I took my hat@ Evansville on New Years Day Eve 2011

He was at that New Years shoot. He was the one shooting the ar for the midnight volley. Now I'm gonna have to go look up pics from that shoot to figure out who you are. I was there but don't remember anyone taking a hat. **Edit - was you by chance wearing a Michigan zippered hoody? I remember the Garand, mudcat greased it up for you before you shot it, if my memory serves me correctly.

Rayne, I figured the 40 out of 40 would give it away. I was gonna put that he out shot his father, but I kept that back for later.  >:D

olefido

I know who it is but won't say. I was there. I really admired how smooth he was at Red Brush in July when he shot the demo AQT.
"That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Uncle Davey

Yep..I'm always wearing Michigan gear, that was me..Ole Huff gave my hat to me..it was gratifying because Mudcat was SB at my first Appleseed and I was fortunate enough to pound out a 229 and get that patch! TBE had to show me how to work the rifle cause I had never shot before. Good memories...bring your football clothes to Atterbury so we can make some more!

Uncle Davey

Btw Olefideo, that young man in that picture can really shoot!!

slim

Hop or one of those INGO guys was the other Rifleman, right?

Mudcat

Quote from: slim on October 11, 2013, 09:08:26 PM
Hop or one of those INGO guys was the other Rifleman, right?

We had 3 Jr. with a 40, me with a 39 and Hop I believe.
--George Washington

techres

Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

SPQR

Its senpai and yes, tis I.  Tis TBE too. Tis Tech as IIT and DaveD to boot.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

hawkhavn

Don't forget .5 right in the thick of it as well.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

techres

Rayne

~

SPQR

I see Bill with his scouted out garand too. That was a pretty slick setup.  I shot a Rifleman score with it and some mixed HXP a blue moon ago.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

Mudcat

That was a cold day right there. I don't think she could have gotten much wetter even with the north bridge water.
--George Washington

DaveD

Cold?
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

ATM

How many future Indiana cadre can you find in this pic?

Hint: the event was June 2010 at Cloverdale
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

techres

Quote from: SPQR on October 27, 2013, 09:06:59 PM
I see Bill with his scouted out garand too. That was a pretty slick setup.  I shot a Rifleman score with it and some mixed HXP a blue moon ago.

Don't forget .5 next to him there.  That was their first shoot IIRC.

Mudcat

Quote from: techres on October 30, 2013, 10:10:03 AM
Quote from: SPQR on October 27, 2013, 09:06:59 PM

Don't forget .5 next to him there.  That was their first shoot IIRC.

I remember Bill being at the Nov shoot at Red Brush. I believe he took his OH that same day I did.
--George Washington