News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marlin 795 LTR

Started by Brown, October 02, 2013, 03:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brown

I received the official notice (and a verification photo from the production floor ) that the Marlin LTR is now under first run production. Look for them to be available from Davidsons soon.
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

George Hacker

Huzzah! ^:)^

Thanks for the update, Brown.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

jwebster

The "stock watch" feature is also available again on Davidson's. So you can get an e-mail when they become available: http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/Default.aspx?item=70677&7

Cory Mathis

Have we got an official cost for these?

Thanks,

Cory

Reddot

Huzzah!!  Now all we need is ammo >:D

Tbear

Man,

I got done modding my Ruger Takedown with techsights and slingstuds amd just bought a Remimgton 597 HB scoped combination so that I will have both ready  for my first shoot.

Viator

Any recent updates on this?

Thanks!

Tom
"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." ~ George Mason

Brown

They should be shipping to Davidsons gallery of guns this week

Barbie

Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

hawkhavn

A sincere thank you to everyone who shepherded this idea from concept to fruition.  This could/should be a case study in persistence, teamwork and dedication. Appleseeders from multiple states banded together to get this idea out to this point.

Now, we need to push it out to the country and make it happen. Talk it up and let's get a semi-load of 'em headed out to future Riflemen.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Brown

confirmation phone call from Marlin that the first 500 795 LTR's are shipped to Davidsons and should arrive in inventory this week. If you want one better get on stock watch and have $$ ready. these will probably go quick.

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

RangeRat

My dealer called today and none have arrived yet.

RR

Uncle Davey

Already out-of-stock at Gallery of Guns
Those who stay will be champions. Those who persist will be riflemen.

jwebster

Quote from: Uncle Davey on October 28, 2013, 06:22:49 PM
Already out-of-stock at Gallery of Guns

They haven't actually been in stock yet. They've been added to the catalog for quite some time though, always showing 0 stock.

Brown

In Stock right now. lowest quote I had for picking up the rifle at a local FFL was $286.50 including all taxes and fees.

jwebster

Picked mine up tonight. No Appleseed gift certificate in the box. Is it a mail in offer?

Rocket Man

To the best of my very limited knowledge, it should have been in the box, not a mail-in thing.  Someone who is in direct contact with the folks at Marlin will probably be along shortly to provide a more definite answer.

In any case, we will make sure you get taken care of.  Stay close while we figure this out.  I'm hoping the 500 GoG shipment aren't ALL screwed up.   %)

Looks nice, by the way.  That's the first I've seen a customer picture of.  Go shoot it!
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

Brown

Quote from: jwebster on October 31, 2013, 09:32:42 PM
Picked mine up tonight. No Appleseed gift certificate in the box. Is it a mail in offer?

PM sent

draken

A friend of mine picked one up today and also reports that no certificate was in the box...
"Those things which are precious are saved only by sacrifice."
~David K. Webster~

Brown

Quote from: draken on November 01, 2013, 07:16:14 PM
A friend of mine picked one up today and also reports that no certificate was in the box...

PM Sent

jwebster

Made one little change to it so far.

nyrasgt

My local FFL took delivery of 7 Marlin 795 LTRs yesterday; we found that the PA Gift Certificates, as well as the Gallery of Guns certificates were found in a separate, clear bag - NOT inside the Marlin boxes.
Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Brown

Started to hear about this mid afternoon on Friday . Have emailed Davidsons and Marlin to make them aware so they can change the location of where they put the certificates.

zoldaman

What are the limitations on the certificates as far as expiration date, etc?

Brown

Quote from: zoldaman on November 03, 2013, 02:21:57 PM
What are the limitations on the certificates as far as expiration date, etc?
They have no expiration date. 2014,2015, I am sure no SB is going to turn anyone away from the line unless they think it is being abused

zoldaman

I'm going to have to hunt one of these up locally and take a look, just because it is so much bang for the buck. It reviews well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzUb2_sWorE and between the sights and the certificate, that is half of the cost right there.

jwebster

Quote from: Brown on November 03, 2013, 10:27:29 AM
Started to hear about this mid afternoon on Friday . Have emailed Davidsons and Marlin to make them aware so they can change the location of where they put the certificates.

I contacted the gun shop I purchased from and they were able to find the certificate. Should be able to pick it up this week.

nyrasgt

Ladies and Gents,

Perhaps an obvious question, but are there any formal plans, or taskings, to get the Marlin LTR into the hands of the myriad "gun" magazines, e.g. Gun Tests, Backwoods Home, American Rifleman. etc.?  An article containing a favorable revue - indeed, just the article itself, would be a huge promotions victory, nationally.  Articles in MULTIPLE magazines...can you say cover story and picture...
are potentially a gold mine for filling the lines in 2014.
    The aftermarker stores like Natchez, Midway, and CDNN should also be given a heads-up that they will soon experience an increase in orders for 795 magazines, as four ("prep 40...") requires the purchase of two more.

Just saying...
Excelsior,
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Brown

Some of the Indiana IC picking up their LTR's at the Army surplus store FFL