News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marlin 795 LTR

Started by Brown, October 02, 2013, 03:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kosciusko

2 showed up at my local gun shop

1 is mine, I may grab the other as well

will search the packaging thoroughly  for certificates when I take delivery

Kosciusko

Jim in San Antonio

Hi Everybody,

I'm brand new to this forum.  A friend turned my on to Appleseed just a few weeks ago. :)

I had nothing even close to suitable to shoot, so when I saw the 795 LTR with all the necessities included, I thought I'd try to obtain one.  I succeeded and picked it up today.  Really neat rifle, but it did NOT come with the certificate.  :(  I was disappointed about that, and I'm hopeful we'll find out what happened.  I'll keep watching this thread.

Jim

nyrasgt

Jim i SA,
  Appleseed Gift Certificate - along with Davidson's "Warrantee Card," packed in clear bag in shipping carton for the rifles, NOT in the individual Marlin cartons - that indicates that they're being inserted @ Davidson's rather than @ Marlin factory, as rifle cartons are taped shut, presumably @ factory.

They're in there - just don't let your FFL throw away shipping cartons without retrieving the bag...

Excelsior and  see you and LTR on Appleseed line,
madMark/nyrasgt
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Brown

PM sent

Quote from: Jim in San Antonio on November 10, 2013, 02:03:22 AM
Hi Everybody,

I'm brand new to this forum.  A friend turned my on to Appleseed just a few weeks ago. :)

I had nothing even close to suitable to shoot, so when I saw the 795 LTR with all the necessities included, I thought I'd try to obtain one.  I succeeded and picked it up today.  Really neat rifle, but it did NOT come with the certificate.  :(  I was disappointed about that, and I'm hopeful we'll find out what happened.  I'll keep watching this thread.

Jim
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Jim in San Antonio

Gentlemen

Thank you for the quick responses.  I fired off an email to my ffl as soon as I read them.  They're closed because today is Sunday, but with a little luck, maybe the trash didn't get picked up on a Saturday.  Thanks again.

Jim

Viator

Haven't heard back from Davidson's (sent email). My FFL assures me that they checked both boxes - shipping and rifle - VERY carefully, and it was not in there. If it was in the same bag with the warranty card, that wasn't in there either! I got a manual, sling, 2 extra mags, and a trigger lock, but NO Appleseed gift certificate, and no warranty card.
"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." ~ George Mason

Relax

The Marlin 795 LTR package is still a good deal, even without the gift certificate.  Certainly more convenient than accumulating and assembling all the parts. 
I recall the Appleseed gift certificate was "for a limited time only" I guess that time expired. 
This blog says the certificates were a promotion through 04 July 2013:  http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/02/marlinappleseed-ltr-announced/

Brown

Quote from: Relax on November 10, 2013, 05:53:27 PM
The Marlin 795 LTR package is still a good deal, even without the gift certificate.  Certainly more convenient than accumulating and assembling all the parts. 
I recall the Appleseed gift certificate was "for a limited time only" I guess that time expired. 
This blog says the certificates were a promotion through 04 July 2013:  http://www.bob-owens.com/2013/02/marlinappleseed-ltr-announced/

No the offer has not expired. The location of where the certificates were being placed was not well thought out and is being addressed by Davidsons/Marlin so as to make it easier to locate them.

The certificates have no expiration date on them and every rifle shipped prior to Jan 1 2014 is to have a certificate with it. If you get a package that does not include the certificate contact Davidsons and they should be sending you a replacement. The Certificate is actually listed as a separate line item on the shipping document just as the rifle itself is listed as a separate line item to the FFL.
I have noticed you get things done and I respect that-SPQR

Kosciusko

the 2   LTRs  I paid for today both had certificates

the gun shop guys almost pitched them

Kosciusko

cdavidhord

I called my dealer back regarding the missing Appleseed certificate; they found it and will mail it to me.

Did others receive only 1 one inch swivel (attached to the sling).  I received one only, will have to get another for for the hasty and hasty hasty.

ChuckS

Quote from: cdavidhord on November 11, 2013, 06:38:06 PM
I called my dealer back regarding the missing Appleseed certificate; they found it and will mail it to me.

Did others receive only 1 one inch swivel (attached to the sling).  I received one only, will have to get another for for the hasty and hasty hasty.

PM Sent.  Got you covered.

Viator

Just heard back from Davidson's - they will mail me a copy of the missing gift certificate and warranty card. :-)
"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." ~ George Mason