News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promotional Opportunity: Idaho Liberty Summit-Burley, ID

Started by scoob, July 31, 2013, 10:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoob

Can anyone make it to this?  At least one instructor to be there and hand out promo material and talk to people?  I'll be on the road north, so I won't make it.  I'll help you out with gas or admission if that's what it takes.  Any Blackfoot area folks reading this that can get the word to instructors that don't watch this board?

This would be a good foot in the door to build a Burley/Twin Falls area AS presence, if we can just find a range. (working on that)  Heck, people are showing up from all over Idaho and (I think) Utah, so it's good for our whole state.

I just had a phone conversation with the publisher of the Gem State Patriot newsletter, Bob Neugebauer.  Amongst other interesting opportunities, he mentioned this event.  Worst-case, he said to send a bunch of brochures with him and he'll put them on a table.  He likes the idea of our program, and he has 40,000+ subscribers.  More on this later. 

LHF!

http://thelcteaparty.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/3rd-idaho-liberty-summit/
3rd Idaho Liberty Summit

Attention Patriots!

The 3rd Idaho Liberty Summit is set for August 16th and 17th. We are hosting the event at the beautiful Best Western Plus Burley Inn & Convention Center, in Burley, at exit 208 off I-84. You need to be prepared to be energized, excited, given hope and offered solutions by our fantastic line up of speakers:

Sheriff Richard Mack - Arizona - Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association - will outline the responsibilities of the Constitutional Sheriff.

Larry Pratt - Virginia - Executive Director Gun Owners of America - will discuss the 2nd Amendment threats by the Obama Administration and the UN.

Dr. Duke Pesta - Wisconsin - Academic Director Freedom Project Education - will uncover the truth of the federal Common Core Standards for education.

Rep. Ken Ivory - Utah - American Lands Council - will explain how federal lands should be managed and owned by the State.

Wayne Hoffman - Idaho - Idaho Freedom Foundation - will help us prepare for next years legislative session.

Registration for the Summit is $50 per person on Saturday, August 17th, and includes a fantastic lunch.  Registration begins at 8:30 am and Speakers begin at 9:00 pm and end at 5:00 pm.  We are having a Meet & Greet on Friday evening, August 16th, at 7:00 PM which will cost $10 per person.  The Meet & Greet will include Hors d'Oeuvres and a cash bar. Come and visit our Speakers, take a picture with them, thank them for being on the front lines defending liberty.   If you register two people for the Summit for $100, you and your spouse, or a friend or a liberal you are trying to convert will be rewarded with free tickets to the Friday Meet & Greet.

The Best Western has given us a special rate of $86.99 per room (208) 678-3501.  Breakfast is included with your nights stay and is a handsome spread, not the usual Continental breakfast with roll and coffee.  Please inform them you want the "Tea Party" rate when you register.

We will interject some fun while discussing the weighty topics of the day.  We have several very valuable raffle items donated to the Tea Party for this event.  Thank you Ray and Judy Black for this third years donation of a beautiful hand crafted Damascus knife and sheath, we have many more items we will inform you of as we get closer to the date.  Please, if you have something that you would like to donate for a little publicity let us know, we'll be happy to give you a shout out and a table to display your ware.

If you live in the Mini-Cassia area you can register, in Rupert, at Moon & Associates, 525 F Street, on the Rupert Square, or in Burley, at Ramsey Heating and Electric, 2600 Overland Avenue.  You may also mail your registration fee to Tea Party c/o Dorothy Moon, 525 F Street, Rupert, ID  83350.  Please make your check payable to Tea Party.  For more information call 436-3714 (Dorothy) or 678-0459 (Rita).

If you can't make it to the Summit and would like to donate a registration fee or Meet & Greet ticket so that others who can't afford to attend may go we would appreciate your kind contribution.

Thank you and looking forward to seeing you there,

Dorothy Moon - Mini-Cassia Tea Party/Custer County Tea Party

Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
--------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

scoob

Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

Stuart McKim

Were you thinking along the lines of somebody going as an attendee and then talking to people/handing out material? Or something more formal?

I'm going to be honest and say that $50 is a bit steep if we are primarily going to talk to people informally.
"Good positions mean good scores. Poor positions mean poor scores. It's as easy as that." - Rifle Marksmanship with the M1 Rifle (1943)

Pain Killer

Can your contact get us some credentials and a formal seat at the "table"? Any designated speaking time?
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

scoob

Quote from: Stuart McKim on August 03, 2013, 01:18:07 AM
Were you thinking along the lines of somebody going as an attendee and then talking to people/handing out material?

Yes. 

A little networking goes a long way.  It shows that someone from our organization cares enough to show up.  Telling the stories would go further, but PR is PR.  This is low-hanging fruit.  People that get our message, but haven't heard about it yet.

QuoteI'm going to be honest and say that $50 is a bit steep if we are primarily going to talk to people informally.

Maybe so, but I think it will be well worth it.  If the $50 is the only thing keeping someone from going, I'll reimburse you the $50 out of my own pocket if RWVA won't.  I'd go myself, but I don't even have the time to write this, and my next two weeks are even more hosed.   :wb:

Quote from: Pain Killer on August 03, 2013, 09:00:08 AM
Can your contact get us some credentials and a formal seat at the "table"? Any designated speaking time?

I think it's a little early in our relationship with this 'contact' to be asking for that kind of favor, especially when nobody that I know of has actually volunteered to go.

If someone has time to contact Dorothy Moon, the event coordinator (above... sooner than later), she would know if there was a table (if it's that type of event), or even speaking time available. 

I'd love to be of more help, but I'm going off-grid for a couple of weeks.  If someone is willing to volunteer, I'm confident that a phone call to Dorothy is the best approach.  If no volunteer is available, I guess we'll try it again next year or another event.

I'd love to see an IAAR when I get back.  ;) 

Until then, happy-'seeding!

Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho