News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A little bit of fun (design stuff spin off)

Started by techres, July 15, 2013, 11:00:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

Been working on stuff for Brown and learning new things over the last couple of months and in the process made up some fun stuff for.... well fun (and learning, possible use, etc).

For those who might find them interesting, here you go in no particular order.

Simple, direct ones:

Appleseed in print:

Appleseed in the history books:

Appleseed in the every day:

Artistic Appleseed:

That's it. 
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Unbridled Liberty

For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

ATM

VERY creative and cool! You're becoming quite the graphic media guru, Techres.

:bow:
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

slim

Pretty sure some of this will be featured in the Appleseed collection on the mall.

grunt soldier

Absolutely awesome stuff!!  Keep it up sir!  However I say stick with the pretty ladies and leave slim out :)
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae158/gruntsoldier2/

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

Sly223

Great stuff send it to FB so we can all share it! ..:..
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Eddie

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

FiremanBob

Those are beautiful. Thank you for making them. Are we allowed to use them in promo materials?
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Mutti

Wow! 2nd one down is exactly what I've been looking for, even though I didn't know it!   
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

techres

1. Repost away.  The original photos are all mine, any art around them is royalty free - so have a ball.
2. Slim?  I have some that I made for him, but I did not post them here.  Lol.

If these are useful, I have some others from last year I could dig up as well.

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Prone to Knit

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
That's why I knit for our troops.
http://coversandsoles.org

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

malabar

The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

TaosGlock

Quote from: techres on July 16, 2013, 10:44:45 AM
1. Repost away.  The original photos are all mine, any art around them is royalty free - so have a ball.

Thx! Posted one on my FB page to promote our next 2 shoots at the NRA Whittington Center!
Dan Bradford
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.

grunt soldier

Quote from: techres on July 16, 2013, 10:44:45 AM

Lol the freedom one with the chalk drawing on the board. It looks just like that picture of him out at atterbury :)

They are all awesome. Very cool stuff
custom kydex solutions.  specializing in sheaths and holsters.  let me know if I can do something for you fellow seeders :)  some pics of our work below

"When it comes time to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with the fear of death, so when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home." - Chief Aupumut (1725), Mohican.

TaosGlock

muffin308

These  are super cool !!!
thanks for sharing
There...!  His Majesty can now read my name without glasses.  And he can double the reward on my head!  - John Hancock
To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and to be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. - Richard Henry Lee

slim

Quote from: grunt soldier on July 16, 2013, 02:57:30 AMI say stick with the pretty ladies and leave slim out :)
Hey, the ladies need some eye candy too, jack!

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

techres

Quote from: Rayne on July 18, 2013, 11:41:28 PM
Quote from: slim on July 18, 2013, 10:41:36 PM
Quote from: grunt soldier on July 16, 2013, 02:57:30 AMI say stick with the pretty ladies and leave slim out :)
Hey, the ladies need some eye candy too, jack!

Exactly!   ;)

Slim is not eye candy (link disabled to keep thread from de-railing.  ;D )

I am always looking for photogenic models.  After working with slim....  I am still looking.

Nero

Aggghh!  What has been seen cannot be unseen!   :shootself:
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

George Hacker

Quote from: techres on July 18, 2013, 11:49:54 PM
Slim is not eye candy.

I am always looking for photogenic models.  After working with slim....  I am still looking.

That video is too over the top... but extremely funny as well.  **)

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

grunt soldier

LOL the freedom pimp is definitely not eye candy!  but he is a pretty darn good guy and a decent instructor :)

Melissa

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

techres

How about one where you can ask your facebook/twitter/forum followers to give you a tagline/motivational to fill in.

Might be fun to generate some activity:

Mutti

Do we still have ZombieHunterYHJ floating around somewhere? The tri-fold insert from last year.
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)