News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promotion idea - possibly dumb

Started by FiremanBob, July 10, 2013, 09:56:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiremanBob

One blog that I read every morning is Powerline (http://www.powerlineblog.com) which is based in Minneapolis. I believe that the blog has literally millions of readers nationwide.

One of the founders, and I think the leader of the blog, is John Hinderaker. He has over the past year become actively interested in shooting and has posted several times about his shooting experiences, including taking his kids along. I wonder if any of our MN brethren could network into meeting him and inviting him to an Appleseed. Perhaps he'd post about it on the blog.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Wally

O0 O0
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

Nero

Quote from: FiremanBob on July 10, 2013, 09:56:46 PM
One blog that I read every morning is Powerline (http://www.powerlineblog.com) which is based in Minneapolis. I believe that the blog has literally millions of readers nationwide.

One of the founders, and I think the leader of the blog, is John Hinderaker. He has over the past year become actively interested in shooting and has posted several times about his shooting experiences, including taking his kids along. I wonder if any of our MN brethren could network into meeting him and inviting him to an Appleseed. Perhaps he'd post about it on the blog.

Try getting hold of Bob Owens here on the Forum.  He's an instructor and also a pretty well known blogger, might be able to network to Hinderaker.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Kosciusko

Shoots in Alexandria and Hinckley, working on one in Mora

we did a presentation to the Pine Island club on hwy 52,  there will be a shoot there this fall

straight shot down 52 from the Twin Cities

Kosciusko

scuzzy

Quote from: Nero on July 10, 2013, 11:26:25 PM
Quote from: FiremanBob on July 10, 2013, 09:56:46 PM

Try getting hold of Bob Owens here on the Forum.  He's an instructor and also a pretty well known blogger, might be able to network to Hinderaker.

All it takes is trying to contact a person. I'd offered Bob Owens a free pass to Appleseed way back when I was trying to get bloggers to attend. He took the bait and is now an instructor. He also bought along a few other blogger friends if I remember right.

Instructors: Any of you out there that visit blogs and would like to invite the blogger - just do it. Offer them a free pass. If they want to attend just PM me and we'll work out the details.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.