News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waukon IA

Started by Wally, July 09, 2013, 03:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wally

The Allamakee county sportsmans club has expressed interest in hosting an AS in Waukon IA. The Prez was at the Chaseburg WI shoot checking us out. Yes, technically in Iowa, but I'm all about the border raiding!  Perhaps we cold make it a Regional Shoot!  I'd be more than happy to help out with the legwork on this one, or should that be left to a higher-up?       It would be great to get something set ASAP, as the Lansing Fish Days, a rather large local festival, is coming up the second weekend of August, and would be an Excellent promotional opportunity.     :)
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

AFTERMATH

Quote from: Wally on July 09, 2013, 03:41:53 PM
The Allamakee county sportsmans club has expressed interest in hosting an AS in Waukon IA. The Prez was at the Chaseburg WI shoot checking us out. Yes, technically in Iowa, but I'm all about the border raiding!  Perhaps we cold make it a Regional Shoot!  I'd be more than happy to help out with the legwork on this one, or should that be left to a higher-up?       It would be great to get something set ASAP, as the Lansing Fish Days, a rather large local festival, is coming up the second weekend of August, and would be an Excellent promotional opportunity.     :)

Run it by the guys in IA.  They'll probably have no problem with you setting it up.  But just make sure everybody is on the same page.  Good work!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Wally

"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy" --Montesquieu

A book written by my Sixth Great Grandfather,  "Recollections of an Old Soldier. The life of Captain David Perry, a soldier of the French and Revolutionary Wars." (1822)  http://archive.org/stream/recollectionsofo00perr#page/n1/mode/2up

Miller

Wally, PM sent.

Rex Harrison (IXOYE) lives nearby and has set up shoots in Dubuque and Potosi, WI.  He may be able to help too.
Fearful but resolute.